Senior Software Engineer (Hybrid)
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2024
At Airhouse we help high-growth ecommerce companies simplify one of the most complex functions in their business: operations. Airhouse automates dozens of workflows and integrations to help companies get their products from factory to front door. From inventory and order management to warehouse partner sourcing and vetting, order fulfillment, returns and beyond, Airhouse makes it so that teams don't need to build a massive in-house operations team or any custom tech to manage fulfillment. Airhouse was founded in 2018, launched publicly in 2020, and currently serves 100+ high-growth businesses that manufacture everything from apparel to furniture to food and beverages. In 2022, Airhouse closed an $11 million Series A round led by DNX Ventures, raising a total of $19.5 million to date.
This role is a Hybrid role based in SF Bay Area, CA.
As a Software Engineer at Airhouse, you will be responsible for the core platform in our automated partner network, ensuring a smooth flow of data from our multiple integrated eCommerce platforms through our partner network of warehouses and back again. You’ll work on everything in our stack including frontend web apps, backend APIs, third party integrations, and infrastructure. You will take projects from start to finish, working closely with the engineering team and company stake holders to ensure our product is meeting the needs of both customers and partners.
As a technology-focused company, engineers play a critical role in delivering value to our customers. You will be part of a small team with much autonomy, participating in planning and guiding the direction of the product. You will have a large impact in day to day and long term success of the business.
As a leader on the engineering team you will be expected to provide guidance and mentorship to other engineers, help with project design and planning, and interface with the wider organization to ensure we are aligned on objectives and timelines. The ideal candidate is someone who is excited to take a big role on a small and passionate team, help set and maintain standards for code quality, and set a great example for building exceptional software.
Skills and Experience
- 10+ years working in Python
- 4+ years working with Django
- product owner; guide, mentor, design, review both individually and with the team
- adaptable skillset; excited to be working in front end, backend, integrations, infrastructure
- solutions-oriented mindset; track record of taking complex problems from inception to completion
- clean code that’s maintainable, well-tested, and reliable
- affinity for working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
Nice to Haves
- Experience building with Django REST Framework
- Back end development building REST/GraphQL APIs
- Experience building integrations into other systems (REST/GraphQL/etc)
- Front end development using a modern JS framework
- DevOps/Infrastructure automation with AWS/Ansible
- Experience in the eCommerce or Logistics spaces
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and equity based on experience
- A hybrid work environment with a headquarters in Oakland; no mandated days per week, come in to the office to collaborate as needed
- Comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, ancillary)
- Flexible time off policy that encourages you to take time off when you need it
- Optional all-team meetups
- A remote work stipend to create a productive work environment wherever you may be
- Paid parental leave and short-term and long-term disability insurance
Equal Opportunity Employment
Airhouse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity of all kinds and believe it contributes to our success as we build a world-class company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, neurotype, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, family care or medical leave status, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal or state law.
Vaccination Policy (COVID-19)
Airhouse is a remote-first company. We meet in person periodically for working sessions, offsites, other team-building events, and strategic meet-ups. We require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.