Senior Back-end Developer
What akudo does:
akudo is pioneering the concept of learning-first banking for teenagers. Crafted with the vision of creating a generation of financially smart young Indians, the word 'akudo' (pronounced aku-doe) comes from Igbo and means peaceful wealth. Established in 2020 and founded by IIT Roorkee and BITS Pilani alumni, akudo helps young Indians to:
- start banking under parental oversight in under 2 minutes
- learn the golden principles of wealth through our bite-sized videos and curated resources
- get into the habit of saving money through a host of mindfully designed micro-features that nudge and reward children for saving more, spend independently using a personal VISA card, and achieve tasks/goals to earn pocket money and rewards.
Parents have complete visibility into their child's finances - express your parenting style when it comes to teenagers, always have their back, and send money instantly to your child using UPI, cards, or net banking!
About the role:
You will be responsible for building the server-side of the application, designing the application logic, and maintain the databases. You will strive to achieve and maintain high performance and responsiveness, prioritizing the responsiveness to request from the front-end above all else. While the front-end elements will be developed by your co-workers from another team, you will be responsible for their integration into the overall project. Therefore, you need to have a basic understanding of front-end technologies.
• Design and implement highly scalable, interactive web applications with high usability.
• Develop the back-end software, maintain and update the existing code.
• Follow the Scrum workflow and complete tasks from the team backlog
• Assist with creation and development of feature requirements
• Report issues with the code and improve upon them
• Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
• Report progress and status of assigned tasks to project teams and managers
• Provide technical leadership and motivation to junior developers
Skills And Qualifications:
• 3+ years of programming experience
• Proficient with Git, REST, WebSocket, MySQL/PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, queues like Rabbitmq or Kafka or nats
• Experience with Docker and AWS Infrastructure
• Proficiency in building modular applications
• Knowledgeable of security principles (OWASP)
• Knowledgeable on Microservices and/or Service-Oriented Architecture
• Basic understanding of front-end technologies
• Understanding of asynchronous development and data security principles
• Ability to write readable, well-documented code
• Self-motivated, goal-oriented approach
• Intermediate (or higher) English skills
• Team management skills
Why Join us:
Because we are a damn cool team of data nerds, who are obsessed with analyzing user behavior data to generate insights, understanding our customers, and further identifying the broader market trends before anyone else. As a part of the team, you’ll get to work with exciting financial stacks to solve the puzzles and challenges these insights present to us. Life at akudo looks like:
Work? Exciting and challenging
Leave policy? Unlimited
Chai? Adrak. So, if you believe your talent can make us drop our jaws to the floor, hit us up!
Something looks off?