Senior Program Manager - US Government
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
Satellite imagery is a historically-scarce resource, whose adoption has been slowed by an unbalanced relationship between price and resolution. In theory, frequent, ultra-high-resolution imagery of Earth has near-infinite applications; in reality, only a sliver of that potential has been realized.
Albedo aims to be the catalyst in unlocking satellite imagery’s latent potential, hoping to expand current applications and propel the discovery of new use cases. Whether our imagery is being used to reduce wildfire risk, assess the environmental impact of global forestry, contribute to timely 3D reconstructions of urban areas, or monitor carbon emissions from industrial power plants, our mission is to get better data into the hands of decision-makers fast. We’re modernizing how satellite imagery is used by providing near real-time access to our ultra-high resolution data.
What We’re Up To: Albedo is developing a novel approach to the earth observation industry, both in space and with our business model. We are intentionally doing things differently by taking (calculated) risks, trying new things, and moving with speed. Our team believes satellite imagery is a valuable resource that should be made accessible, in every sense of the word. We are committed to our customers, ensuring that what we’re building is what they want. We are playing at the edges of how traditional New Space technologies have been approached, and we want to shake up the industry as it stands today.
Who We’re Looking For: Albedo is launching next-generation, ultra-high-resolution imaging satellites to service a global audience through a modern, cloud-based product interface. In order to achieve this goal, we are looking for a team of people who are both passionate about our mission and are willing to put in the work to design, develop, and test an innovative earth observation concept in the commercial industry. The times ahead will be set in a fast-paced, often uncertain environment, but if you are hard-working, kind, and team-oriented, you can expect a rewarding and purposeful experience.
Albedo is seeking a Senior Program Manager, responsible for the execution of multiple key programs with US Government customers. The responsibilities include program management, planning, budgeting, scheduling, coordination, and reporting to ensure contracts and resulting work plans meet cost, schedule, and performance commitments. The individual will report to the Director of US Government Programs.
What You’ll Do
- Act as the trusted expert for Albedo’s USG programs.
- Deliver contractual requirements on time while meeting technical goals.
- Foster positive, collaborative relationships with internal teams, customer management, and partners.
- Lead internal team and external customer meetings, guiding teams towards milestones and updating customers consistently.
- Develop and monitor project schedules, adjusting for delays, risks, and unexpected factors.
- Align with Albedo's Engineering and Product Roadmaps, identifying milestones, dependencies, critical paths, and resource needs.
- Assist in proposal development and Statement of Work creation for USG pursuits.
- Provide program status reports, briefings, financial reports, risk management and other necessary documents.
Your Ideal Skills and Experience
- 5+ years professional experience in a relevant field, with 3+ years of project management experience in engineering, finance, logistics, operations or supply chain/subcontracts management.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other teams (internal and external) to understand and adjudicate
- A strong mix of technical, operational, and programmatic capabilities to own all program management process.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher, or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of program management metrics, tools, reporting methods.
- U.S. citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain necessary security clearances.
- Exceptional writing skills, well organized, and comfortable briefing complex material to senior audiences both in-person and virtually.
- Graduate degree (non-technical or technical)
- Direct USG operational experience or experience supporting US DoD and Intelligence Community government contracts and customers.
- Prior experience supporting satellite missions across all phases of the program life cycle from inception to launch to completion.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance.
- Familiarity with operating in a startup, being scrappy and the ability to get “in the weeds”
- Experience managing firm fixed price programs
Compensation and Benefits
- Employee friendly equity compensation
- Remote-friendly, asynchronous culture with flexible working hours
- 4% direct matching 401k
- Insurance: Medical, Vision, Dental, Mental Health
- Parental leave and childcare coverage
- Relocation bonus for moving to our Denver, CO HQ
- 20 paid vacation days, yours from day one
- 10 company holidays and unlimited sick days
- $100 monthly wellness benefit
- Team retreats to build relationships in-person
Albedo does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers email or to Albedo employees. Albedo is not responsible for any fees or overhead related to unsolicited resumes.
Relocation: Relocation to the Denver area is available for this position
Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Additional Requirements: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. All persons hired will be required to be a U.S. citizen, a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Albedo is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Questions? Feedback? Feel free to email us at careers @ albedo.com