Founding Growth Marketer
About the role
About the company
Aleph is redefining the world of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A). We operate in a well-defined software category with a multi-billion TAM yet a lack of a clear winner. We’re here to change that, and our early results speak for themselves.
Aleph was founded by Albert Gozzi and Santiago Perez De Rosso, two technical founders with backgrounds from Stanford and MIT and experience working at top-tier companies such as Google, Microsoft, and Bain & Company. We’re backed by top VCs (Khosla Ventures, Google Ventures, YC), and work with customers like Turo, Notion, Zapier, and others.
What we’ve built so far is the most seamless way to centralize all of a company's financial data – think expenses from Quickbooks or Netsuite, pipeline forecasts from Salesforce – and bring it into the tools finance teams are already using. But the vision goes way beyond that. We’re building the source of truth for a business’ data, and ultimately the platform businesses use to make better decisions.
We’re way ahead of schedule due to our unique approach, with no churn and rapid growth despite no marketing spend to date.
🔍 What we're looking for
We are looking for our first marketing hire. We’re currently growing >15% MoM despite spending zero dollars on marketing and not even having a website until recently. We have a solid foundation, and are looking for someone to build a robust and scalable approach to inbound lead generation. We’re starting to run experiments across email lists, SEO and sponsorships, but we're still in the early days.
You will own our marketing efforts from back to front. We’re looking for a data-driven person who will look at our lead generation holistically across all existing and potential channels to determine the most efficient way to rapidly ramp up the business. The perfect fit for this role is someone who leans on automation and a modern tech stack to triple the standard output of one person. This role doesn’t require creative/writing/design skills, but if that’s in your repertoire, even better!
You’ll be given autonomy, support, a budget, and access to all your favorite tools. Plus our tech stack and data model is top-tier, so expect great analytics and dashboards to follow you everywhere you go. You just need to show up and drive demand; we handle the rest.
👷 What you'll be doing
- Develop strategies for customer acquisition, partnering with engineering, operations, and sales to drive MQLs and demos
- Run experiments to convert leads - you will generate ideas, define targeting, write copy, and scale the winners. You’ll also iterate on the go to market strategy then test and measure the impact of your changes, scaling the most effective improvements
- Analyze data to understand what’s working and what’s not - from reading through email replies / customer interactions to digging through campaign excel outputs
🙋 About you
- You have an ownership mentality and are excited to take on responsibility
- You thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic, even chaotic, environment
- You are incredibly data driven – our team is full of finance people so everything we do is backed by data!
- You are comfortable working in a remote team
Your skills and experience
- 5+ years of experience doing both quantitative and qualitative work in a fast-paced environment, ideally at a tech startup
- You’re a technical marketer. You find yourself in spreadsheets every day — optimizing, experimenting and always hunting for new opportunities to grow faster. When things don’t work, you pivot; when they do, you move fast to scale them
- Hackiness and product thinking. You’re able to balance shipping an MVP with building for scaleCompetitive attitude; motivated by the idea of having a demo target and blowing it out of the water
- Design and/or content writing skills
- Exposure and interest in Finance, with emphasis in FP&A
- You’re on top of the latest innovations in AI
📑 Additional notes
While this is a remote-first opportunity, we're focusing on candidates within the Americas to better align with our working hours as a team.
Aleph (YC S21) makes it easy for finance teams to build financial models in Excel/Google Sheets that are always up-to-date. Our main thesis is that, while specialized software abounds (Anaplan, Adaptive Insights, etc.), it's usually clunky, too expensive to implement and maintain, and takes people away from the tool they love the most — spreadsheets. This is a huge market that’s ripe for innovation, and we’re expanding our team to go after it. We’re participating in the current Y Combinator batch and looking to move quickly, so we hope you’re the individual we’re looking for!
Aleph was founded by Albert Gozzi and Santiago Perez De Rosso, two technical founders with backgrounds from Stanford and MIT and experience working at top-tier companies such as Google, Microsoft, DocuSign, and Bain & Company.