Senior Frontend Software Engineer
Senior Frontend Software Engineer
About the role
About the company
Aleph is redefining the world of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A). We operate in a well-defined software category with a multi-billion TAM yet a lack of a clear winner. We’re here to change that, and our early results speak for themselves.
Aleph was founded by Albert Gozzi and Santiago Perez De Rosso, two technical founders with backgrounds from Stanford and MIT and experience working at top-tier companies such as Google, Microsoft, and Bain & Company. We’re backed by top VCs (Bain Capital Ventures, Khosla Ventures, YC, Picus Capital), and work with customers like Turo, Notion, Zapier, and others.
What we’ve built so far is the most seamless way to centralize all of a company's financial data – think expenses from Quickbooks or Netsuite, pipeline forecasts from Salesforce – and bring it into the tools finance teams are already using. But the vision goes way beyond that. We’re building the source of truth for a business’ data, and ultimately the platform businesses use to make better decisions.
We’re way ahead of schedule due to our unique approach, with no churn and rapid growth despite no marketing spend to date.
🔍 What we're looking for
We're looking for an experienced software engineer to join our growing engineering team (we are 5 engineers at the moment). You will partner with our technical CEO, CTO, and other members of the engineering team to build critical software with an outsized impact on our users and our business.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to come in as an early member of the team and drive the development of our platform from the ground up.
👷 What you'll be doing
- Work hand-in-hand with leadership and other teammates to prioritize and execute on our product roadmap
- Design, develop and own complex features or software components
- Deliver robust, scalable, and well-tested code
- Help develop and establish best practices to lay the foundation for a high-performing technology team and its culture
- Collaborate with Design and Operation teams to keep making Aleph better every day
🙋 About you
- Enjoy owning a project from start to finish and loves to take on the responsibility to bring projects across the finish line
- Can navigate a fast-paced/dynamic environment and operate autonomously to get work done
- Comfortable working in a remote team
- Enjoy enabling others to do their best work. Our product is all about enabling businesses to make smarter decisions and giving the people who work at the data level, super-powers.
- Product-driven engineer. You're comfortable and eager to meet customers and develop an empathetic understanding of their problems to ensure we're building the right solutions
Your skills and experience
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new or existing systems
Bonus points (not required!)
- Previous startup experience, or experience thriving in an unstructured environment
- Experience with a B2B SaaS product, analytics, or building tools for Finance teams
- Exposure and interest in Finance, with emphasis in FP&A
📑 Additional notes
While this is a remote-first opportunity, we're focusing on candidates within the Americas to better align with our working hours as a team.
Aleph is an equal opportunity employer. No applicant will face discrimination based on race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, parental status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
About the interview
🛣️ Hiring process
Initial Chat (30 mins)
You’ll meet with someone from the team to learn more about your background and interests
Technical Interview (45 mins)
We’ll do an algorithm problem and ask a set of technical questions
Virtual Onsite (3hrs)
We’ll schedule a set of 4 interviews back-to-back with a 15-min break in the middle. The interviews will evaluate your system design, debugging, and code integration skills. We’ll also ask some behavioral questions to evaluate culture fit.
If you haven’t already, you’ll get to meet with Albert (CEO) and Santi (CTO).
With your help, we'll reach out to folks you've worked with in the past. This is mostly about learning from outside perspectives on how to manage and empower you to do your best work at Aleph
If you've made it to this point, congrats on your offer! Accepting a new role is a big decision, so by now you should have a clear sense of what it will be like to work with us at Aleph. We can't wait to welcome you to the team 🙂
Aleph (YC S21) makes it easy for finance teams to build financial models in Excel/Google Sheets that are always up-to-date. Our main thesis is that, while specialized software abounds (Anaplan, Adaptive Insights, etc.), it's usually clunky, too expensive to implement and maintain, and takes people away from the tool they love the most — spreadsheets. This is a huge market that’s ripe for innovation, and we’re expanding our team to go after it. We’re participating in the current Y Combinator batch and looking to move quickly, so we hope you’re the individual we’re looking for!
Aleph was founded by Albert Gozzi and Santiago Perez De Rosso, two technical founders with backgrounds from Stanford and MIT and experience working at top-tier companies such as Google, Microsoft, DocuSign, and Bain & Company.