Head of People
Head of People
About the role
About the company
Aleph is redefining the world of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A). We operate in a well-defined software category with a multi-billion TAM yet a lack of a clear winner. We’re here to change that, and our early results speak for themselves.
Aleph was founded by Albert Gozzi and Santiago Perez De Rosso, two technical founders with backgrounds from Stanford and MIT and experience working at top-tier companies such as Google, Microsoft, and Bain & Company. We’re backed by top VCs (Bain Capital Ventures, Khosla Ventures, YC, Picus Capital), and work with customers like Turo, Notion, Zapier, and others.
What we’ve built so far is the most seamless way to centralize all of a company's financial data – think expenses from Quickbooks or Netsuite, pipeline forecasts from Salesforce – and bring it into the tools finance teams are already using. But the vision goes way beyond that. We’re building the source of truth for a business’ data, and ultimately the platform businesses use to make better decisions.
We’re way ahead of schedule due to our unique approach, with no churn and rapid growth despite no marketing spend to date.
🔍 What we're looking for
We're looking for our first hire in the People team. We are planning to grow from 15 to 50 FTEs in the next year and are looking for a leader who can spearhead our talent acquisition efforts and scale our people processes while we keep nurturing a vibrant, collaborative culture.
Your role will involve not just managing existing processes, but creatively reimagining and continuously adapting them as our needs evolve. We value a data-driven approach, where decisions are backed by insights, without losing sight of the human element.
👷 What you'll be doing
- Recruitment: Spearhead talent acquisition, including proactive sourcing and candidate screening
- Onboarding: Manage new hire onboarding experience to ensure a smooth and welcoming integration into the company
- Career Development: Oversee the performance review process and create career development programs
- Compensation: Refine the compensation structure
- Benefits: Craft a benefits and perks programs
- Company Retreats: Coordinate our company retreats
- Employee Engagement: Drive the organization of regular remote engagement activities
🙋 About you
- You have an ownership mentality and are excited to take on responsibility
- You thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic, even chaotic, environment
- You excel at building personal connections and fostering collaboration
Your skills and experience
- 4+ years of experience in the People function, preferably in startup environments
- 2+ years of experience doing recruiting, including technical roles
- A track record of building and sustaining a positive, inclusive company culture
- Experience with HR tools, leveraging them for efficiency and impact
- Familiarity with the latest trends and best practices in HR and people management
📑 Additional notes
While this is a remote-first opportunity, we're focusing on candidates within the Americas to better align with our working hours as a team.
Aleph (YC S21) makes it easy for finance teams to build financial models in Excel/Google Sheets that are always up-to-date. Our main thesis is that, while specialized software abounds (Anaplan, Adaptive Insights, etc.), it's usually clunky, too expensive to implement and maintain, and takes people away from the tool they love the most — spreadsheets. This is a huge market that’s ripe for innovation, and we’re expanding our team to go after it. We’re participating in the current Y Combinator batch and looking to move quickly, so we hope you’re the individual we’re looking for!
Aleph was founded by Albert Gozzi and Santiago Perez De Rosso, two technical founders with backgrounds from Stanford and MIT and experience working at top-tier companies such as Google, Microsoft, DocuSign, and Bain & Company.