Senior Director, Total Rewards
Alto Pharmacy is a full-service, digitally-powered pharmacy that makes it simple to live your healthiest life by providing an easier, more supportive and more affordable pharmacy experience. We’re redefining what a pharmacy can do, with fast and reliable prescription delivery, tools like treatment reminders and medication bundling, direct access to care specialists, and support with insurance and cost savings. By focusing on the person behind the prescription, our model boosts adherence, improves health outcomes, and keeps our customers returning month after month. Learn more at www.alto.com.
We’re looking for a seasoned Senior Director, Total Rewards to join our People team. You will have responsibility for executing a comprehensive and thoughtful total rewards strategy and aligning the total reward team’s strategy with the business strategy. You must be comfortable implementing outstanding benefits and compensation programs, driving change, and identifying areas of improvement. Alto’s hourly and salaried employees and their compensation range in a wide variety of jobs and value propositions to include leaders and individual contributors in technical, non-technical, and operational roles.
Accelerate your Career as You:
- Lead the company’s compensation and benefits strategy, processes, plans, programs and tools. Ensure they are world class, competitive and most importantly, that they support business strategy, enhance organizational capability and foster employee engagement
- Lead cyclical compensation tasks that include, but are not limited to; market benchmarking reviews, budget management, compensation planning, recognition programs, offer review, retention exercises, and continued analyses.
- Design, lead, and administer compensation programs in connection with periodic compensation processes across the organization.
- Advise and educate Altoids, Leaders, HR Business Partners, and Recruiters on our compensation philosophy, to include the following components: base, variable, sales and equity compensation, as well as cyclical and ad-hoc compensation programs.
- Proactively monitor internal and external trends, relevant pay legislation, competitive market intelligence, and potential impact to our pay philosophy including our equal pay projects.
- Partner and collaborate closely with key team members in client groups to understand needs and prioritize accordingly. Provide compensation insights to support strategic decisions.
A Bit About You:
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance, analytics, psychology, or human resource field of study
- Minimum 10 years' experience in compensation, and benefits plan design, job evaluation, administration, market pricing, policy interpretation, regulatory compliance and consulting
- Proven history of effectively influencing both technical and non-technical stakeholders through data-based recommendations and written narratives
- Proficiency with Workday modules and work flows.
- Strong business acumen and financial literacy
- Must be detail-oriented with demonstrated project management capabilities and excellent prioritization skills
- Masters degree in an analytical field of study or MBA
- 5+ years of experience leading the compensation function and owning the strategy end-to-end
- Experience supporting a company transitioning from private to public
- Experience with long-term incentive/equity compensation including stock options
- Workday certification in Advanced Compensation
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Communicating with others to exchange information. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Sedentary work: Sitting most of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking & standing are required occasionally.
Salary Range: $206,250 to $275,000
*Please note this range is specific to employees in the market listed on this posting. Salary ranges for remote candidates working outside of this market can be subject to regionalized compensation based on their respective work location.
Commission Eligible: No
Equity Eligible: Full-time - Yes.
Travel: Yes, limited
Benefits: Full-time: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Group Life, AD&D, Employer paid STD/LTD, generous PTO and parental
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.