Senior Manager, Engineering [DevSecOps]
Alto Pharmacy is a full-service, digitally-powered pharmacy that makes it simple to live your healthiest life by providing an easier, more supportive and more affordable pharmacy experience. We’re redefining what a pharmacy can do, with fast and reliable prescription delivery, tools like treatment reminders and medication bundling, direct access to care specialists, and support with insurance and cost savings. By focusing on the person behind the prescription, our model boosts adherence, improves health outcomes, and keeps our customers returning month after month. Learn more at www.alto.com.
We’re looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to lead our newly formed DevSecOps team and build the next generation of Alto’s observability, deployment, developer experience, and security tooling. The DevSecOps team’s mission is to empower our business to grow and thrive through technology by partnering with product engineering teams to establish the technical vision, tools, and best practices to power the next generation of Alto products and services.
Accelerate Your Career as You
- Define and execute against north star goals for our cloud infrastructure (AWS), observability, deployment, and developer tooling
- Collaborate with product engineering, commercial, and operations partners to shape and execute on high impact projects that support business goals and measurably improve developer experience and velocity
- Define a technical vision that stays ahead of product engineering needs and enables our services to reliably and securely scale
- Lead, mentor, and grow some of the most experienced and tenured engineers in our organization
- Continuously evaluate and improve our engineering processes and culture
A Bit About You
- 8+ years of software engineering experience
- 5+ years of experience building and supporting cloud infrastructure, developer tooling, or technical platforms
- 3+ years of engineering management experience
- Demonstrated ability to engage a senior engineering team around a common goal
- Excellent communication skills and ability to frame infrastructure and platform investments in terms of business value
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with product engineering teams
- Successfully recruited senior engineers, on your own and with a recruiting team
- Infrastructure, Backend, or full stack technical background (the team works primarily in Rails, with some React, Go and React Native)
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with cross-functional peers to drive metrics-based results
- Demonstrated ability building and communicating a vision for a mission-oriented team
- Demonstrated ability coaching and mentoring senior engineers
- Passion for Alto’s mission and company values
- Experience working in healthcare or other compliance heavy environments
- Experience implementing a devops culture
- Experience managing high-growth, rapidly maturing code bases
Additional Physical Job Requirements
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Communicating with others to exchange information. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Sedentary work: Sitting most of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Salary and Benefits
Salary Range: $170,458 - $240,000*
*Salary ranges for remote candidates working outside of tier 1 markets can be subject to regionalized compensation based on their respective work location.
Commission Eligible: No
Equity Eligible: Yes
Travel: Yes. Up to 15% of the time.
Benefits: Full-time: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Group Life, AD&D, Employer paid STD/LTD, generous PTO and parental leave.
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.