Alto Pharmacy is a full-service, digitally-powered pharmacy that makes it simple to live your healthiest life by providing an easier, more supportive and more affordable pharmacy experience. We’re redefining what a pharmacy can do, with fast and reliable prescription delivery, tools like treatment reminders and medication bundling, direct access to care specialists, and support with insurance and cost savings. By focusing on the person behind the prescription, our model boosts adherence, improves health outcomes, and keeps our customers returning month after month. Learn more at www.alto.com.
The Data Engineering team at Alto owns the platform and infrastructure that enables data driven decision making, powers innovative pharmacy specific machine learning applications, and provides a high quality experience for internal users (analysts, data scientists, business partners) and external customers (other businesses Alto partners with to realize our mission to improve the quality of life for our patients).
Accelerate Your Career as You
- Develop the next generation of our analytics and reporting platform to enable low latency insights
- Refine our dimensional models and improve data self service
- Partner with data scientists to improve the usability and performance of Kubeflow, our ML platform
- Partner with analysts to improve the usability and performance of our modeling pipelines
A Bit About You
- 3+ years of data engineering experience
- Strong technical proficiency with Python and SQL
- Experience with data modeling and dimensionalization best practices
- Experience with ETL pipelines, data analysis, BI tools, and cloud services
- Strong sense of ownership and pride in your work
- Comfortable working at startup pace and focus
Additional Physical Job Requirements
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Communicating with others to exchange information. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Sedentary work: Sitting most of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Salary and Benefits
Salary Range: $170,458 - 213,073
Commission Eligible: No
Equity Eligible: Yes
Travel: Yes. Up to 15% of the time.
Work Location: You must be located in one of the following states to be employed at Alto: Washington, California, Nevada, Colorado, Texas, New York.
Benefits: Full-time: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Group Life, AD&D, Employer paid STD/LTD, generous PTO and parental leave.
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.