Senior Corporate Paralegal
Alto Pharmacy is a full-service, digitally-powered pharmacy that makes it simple to live your healthiest life by providing an easier, more supportive and more affordable pharmacy experience. We’re redefining what a pharmacy can do, with fast and reliable prescription delivery, tools like treatment reminders and medication bundling, direct access to care specialists, and support with insurance and cost savings. By focusing on the person behind the prescription, our model boosts adherence, improves health outcomes, and keeps our customers returning month after month. Learn more at www.alto.com.
We are looking for a superstar Senior Corporate Paralegal to join the Legal team at Alto. In this role you will play a critical key role in keeping the legal function well organized, maintained and running smoothly. You will create, oversee and manage a best in class organizational design for preserving and tracking legal documentation, contracts, corporate entity filings, our IP portfolio and our business licensing. You will assist with contract management, reviewing, drafting and negotiating agreements. You will take a critical eye to improving and optimizing all aspects of our daily work and legal operations.
A high level of professionalism, integrity, and discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information, as well as the ability to work well with people at all levels inside and outside the company, is essential.
Accelerate Your Career as You
- Manage entity (org chart) structure, corporate doing business filings, governance-related file management.
- Assist and manage equity grants for employees through Carta.
- Coordinate tracking and execution of agreements using our contract lifecycle management system, DocuSign CLM.
- Assist counsel with project management, fact gathering and analysis to support legal advice.
- Work on special projects as requested which may include partnership with key stakeholders, research, analysis, and presentation preparation.
- Assist with IP portfolio tracking.
- Build cross-functional relationships, partner closely with stakeholders, and keep multiple teams and projects on track in parallel.
A Bit About You
- 10+ years of paralegal experience (either in a law firm and/or in house).
- Experience in implementing and managing a document management system, preferably DocuSign CLM. This experience includes specific experience assisting with storing, routing and helping run reporting on a variety of contracts for business stakeholders.
- Experience working with equity grants through Carta or similar platform. This includes RSUs and Options, both.
- Contract drafting experience from our own templates and third party paper.
- 5+ years experience with corporate entity tracking and entity doing business licensing and management activities.
- 2+ years of experience working on C-Corp employee equity (stock options) and partnering with HR stakeholders to help track and prepare materials for board meetings and for inclusion in third party equity management tool.
- A bachelor’s degree and paralegal certificate (or state required equivalent).
- Able to work independently with a willingness to roll up their sleeves and pitch in as needed.
- Responsive, agile and action-oriented. Able to drive towards efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ability to hold yourself accountable and a desire to create order out of chaos.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented with ability to prioritize multiple assignments, pivot when needed and operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with a diverse range of people and job functions
- Experience driving projects from conception to completion.
- Experience/fluency in Google Suite (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Groups, etc.), Microsoft (Word, Excel) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Startup and/or in-house legal experience where you had to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment with constantly changing priorities.
Additional Physical Job Requirements
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Communicating with others to exchange information. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- The ability to hear, understand, and distinguish speech and/or other sounds (e.g., phone conversations)
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Sedentary work: Sitting most of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Salary and Benefits
Salary Range: $119,000.00 - $140,000.00
Commission Eligible: No.
Equity Eligible: No.
Travel: Yes. Up to 15% of the time. Preferred hybrid in-office locations: Dallas, Texas, Denver, Colorado, San Francisco, CA.
Work Location: You must be located in one of the following states to be employed at Alto: Washington, California, Nevada, Colorado, Texas, New York.
Benefits: Full-time: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Group Life, AD&D, Employer paid STD/LTD, generous PTO and parental leave.
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.