Senior Revenue Accountant
Alto Pharmacy is a full-service, digitally-powered pharmacy that makes it simple to live your healthiest life by providing an easier, more supportive and more affordable pharmacy experience. We’re redefining what a pharmacy can do, with fast and reliable prescription delivery, tools like treatment reminders and medication bundling, direct access to care specialists, and support with insurance and cost savings. By focusing on the person behind the prescription, our model boosts adherence, improves health outcomes, and keeps our customers returning month after month. Learn more at www.alto.com.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Revenue Accountant to be a key member of our quickly growing Revenue Team. The Revenue Accountant will be proficient working independently, coordinating with their accounting peers, and maintain strong relationships both internally and externally. The ideal candidate will possess strong organizational skills, and a deep understanding of best practices around processes, systems, and resourcing for revenue accounting. As a result, you will gain exposure to senior-level decision making and develop lasting relationships across the company.
The ideal candidate will have a forward-thinking approach to efficient accounting processes in a fast paced, high growth environment and the ability to clearly communicate deliverables and recommendations. This role reports to the Revenue Accounting Manager.
Accelerate Your Career as You
- Perform month-end duties including account reconciliation, computation of revenue/deferred revenue, accrual estimates, and review of revenue trends.
- New systems implementation/integration work to enhance and automate our processes
- Manage and monitor AR, create metrics/dashboards, internal and external communications.
- Maintain and update internal control design and documentation in the "order to cash" cycle.
- Perform daily, weekly, and ad-hoc duties related to incoming collections and billing.
- Daily monitoring incoming Accounts Receivable collections and GL applications.
- Weekly AR Aging review for identified payors.
- Review of cash collections.
- Daily/Monthly invoicing and cash application for invoiced clinics.
- Monthly close journal entries and reconciliations.
- Identification of new revenue streams as needed- including sourcing required data support, appropriate GL application, journal entry/reconciliation ownership and completeness for financial review.
- Interact with external auditors to gather relevant support and ensure compliance with internal controls.
- Prepares period end close schedules and reporting for the Revenue accounting team.
- Interact with key stakeholders outside of accounting including- members of the Alto Finance Team, internal Project Managers for contractual invoiced clinics, and external invoiced customer billing teams.
- Maintain and review complex schedules to ensure accuracy of open Accounts Receivable balances.
- Review and enhance the monthly balance sheet account reconciliations on an ad-hoc basis for Revenue related accounts and assists the Finance Team in researching differences.
- Use financial and accounting experience and acumen to analyze and interpret data to make any recommendations on possible courses of action as appropriate.
- Effectively engage with the team to successfully complete multiple and diverse deliverables.
- Develop, implement and maintain desktop procedures for on-going revenue accounting activities.
A Bit About You
- 4+ years as a revenue accountant or a similar role, demonstrating progressive responsibility and leadership in revenue accounting functions, preferred 2+ years in a public accounting role.
- Experience with Sage Intacct, Inmar, and Floqast.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, financial systems, and best practices in accounts receivable processes and controls.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Very detail oriented, comfortable with large data sets, analytical thinker.
- Ability to effectively work across teams, both within the accounting functions, and across the organization.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work; work well under pressure to meet deadlines – must be passionate about getting into the details to solve problems.
- A passion for Alto’s mission and values!
- Experience with ERP system implementation & integrations is a strong plus.
- CPA or equivalent.
- Healthcare experience.
- In-house GL management.
- Experience with G Suite and Microsoft Office.
Additional Physical Job Requirements
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Communicating with others to exchange information. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Sedentary work: Sitting most of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Salary and Benefits
Salary Range: $92,850 - $123,800
Commission Eligible: No
Equity Eligible: Yes
Bonus Eligible: No
Travel: Yes. Up to 15% of the time.
Remote Work: Fully Remote but you must be located in TX, WA, NV, CO, CA, or NY.
Benefits: Full-time: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Group Life, AD&D, Employer paid STD/LTD, generous PTO and parental leave.
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.