Alto Pharmacy is a full-service, digitally-powered pharmacy that makes it simple to live your healthiest life by providing an easier, more supportive and more affordable pharmacy experience. We’re redefining what a pharmacy can do, with fast and reliable prescription delivery, tools like treatment reminders and medication bundling, direct access to care specialists, and support with insurance and cost savings. By focusing on the person behind the prescription, our model boosts adherence, improves health outcomes, and keeps our customers returning month after month. Learn more at www.alto.com.
About the Role
Alto Pharmacists work cross-functionally across operations, engineering, and design teams to build a better, more intuitive community pharmacy from the ground up. We focus on challenges that patients, providers, and payers face, and find solutions that optimize experience, transparency, and health outcomes.
We are a fast-moving company with many moving parts, and here you'll have an open invitation to help steer the future of Alto as we work towards expanding.
We're looking for a Production Pharmacist with an entrepreneurial and productivity driven spirit who wants to help shape the future of the industry. Work with a team in a dynamic environment where you will need to make decisions quickly while focusing on our success metrics.
Accelerate Your Career as You
You’ll provide comprehensive and accurate clinical utilization review and dispensing services. This includes:
- Review content and accuracy of drug packaging and labeling
- Review for completeness and accuracy of new and refill prescriptions
- Assist in the proper ordering, handling, receiving, documentation, storage and inventory management of all controlled substances
A Bit About You
- Are eager to measure and improve accuracy and productivity
- Resourceful and have creative ideas on what needs to change in the industry
- Enjoy data analysis and are outcome focused
- Believes in continuous improvement
- Is passionate about improving the patient experience
- Can make quick and thoughtful decisions
(If this is you, lets connect)
- Have experience in Kaizen and 5S principles and implementation
- Have 1-2+ years working in a community pharmacy
Requirement: Currently licensed and in good standing by the Board of Pharmacy
Additional Physical Job Requirements
- Exposed to a normal office environment
- Lift, carry, reach, and /or push/pull various items (bags, boxes, carts, etc.) while using proper technique up to 35 lbs
- Standing and walking a majority of work days (8-10 hours), bending frequently, sitting occasionally depending on the needs of the pharmacy operation
- Operate all equipment necessary to do the job
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away including differences between colors, shades, and brightness
- Required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned
- Use one or two hands and/ or fingers to grasp, move, or assemble objects
- Repeat the same movements
Salary Range: $62.00
Commission Eligible: No
Equity Eligible: No
Benefits: Full-time only: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Group Life, AD&D, Employer paid STD/LTD, generous PTO and parental leave.
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.