Senior Pharmacy Compliance Specialist, Loss Prevention and Diversion
Alto Pharmacy is a full-service, digitally-powered pharmacy that makes it simple to live your healthiest life by providing an easier, more supportive and more affordable pharmacy experience. We’re redefining what a pharmacy can do, with fast and reliable prescription delivery, tools like treatment reminders and medication bundling, direct access to care specialists, and support with insurance and cost savings. By focusing on the person behind the prescription, our model boosts adherence, improves health outcomes, and keeps our customers returning month after month. Learn more at www.alto.com.
As a key member of our Compliance team, the Senior Compliance Specialist, Pharmacy Loss Prevention and Diversion will play a pivotal role in maintaining the highest standards of pharmacy security and compliance. This multifaceted position involves oversight and direction for daily operations related to drug diversion prevention, education, monitoring, investigation, and reporting. The successful candidate will collaborate with various departments, implement comprehensive surveillance programs, and lead investigations into suspected drug diversion incidents. In addition to conducting audits and analyzing risk metrics, the Specialist will develop and maintain effective education programs, policies, and protocols.
Accelerate Your Career as You
- Lead the way in strategic initiatives by overseeing comprehensive programs and demonstrating innovative leadership.
- Network and gain diverse experience by collaborating across internal departments and with external partners on crucial pharmacy security issues.
- Be the go-to regulatory expert, navigating diverse state-controlled substance requirements and ensuring compliance across the US.
- Showcase your innovation by developing cutting-edge analytics and tools for identifying medication diversion, contributing to our commitment to excellence.
- Embrace a multifaceted role, from audits to staff training, fostering continuous professional development and paving the way for career advancement.
Specifically, you will:
- Establish and maintain a comprehensive Drug Diversion and Prevention Program across Alto Pharmacy
- Develop innovative analytics and tools to identify medication diversion, shrink, and margin erosion
- Conduct onsite audits of controlled substance medications, medication invoices, and shipments
- Create and implement a controlled substance surveillance program based on regulatory requirements
- Provide leadership in multidisciplinary education activities related to drug diversion
- Collaborate with internal and external partners on controlled medication and diversion issues
- Monitor inventory for all controlled substance medications, correlating electronic inventory with on-hand quantities
- Lead investigations into suspected or confirmed incidents of controlled substance diversion or theft
- Work collaboratively with stakeholder teams to implement safeguards
A Bit About You
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in pharmacy loss prevention/diversion management
- 7+ years of experience in loss prevention, pharmacy practice, or related fields
- Strong analytical skills with experience in data analysis, auditing, and risk management
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to deliver business reviews and staff training
- Experience in developing and maintaining drug diversion prevention, detection, and reporting policies
- Familiarity with relevant regulations, including the CSA, FD&C, DSCSA, and NABP and URAC accreditations
- Knowledge of diverse state-controlled substance requirements
- 5 years of leadership experience
- Previous formal leadership experience and certifications such as LPQ, CPP, LPC, CFI are beneficial
- Proficiency in databases (SQL, MYSQL, Looker)
- Proficiency with Google Suite
- Member of NADDI
Additional Physical Job Requirements
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Communicating with others to exchange information. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Sedentary work: Sitting most of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking & standing are required occasionally.
Salary and Benefits
Commission Eligible: No
Equity Eligible: Yes
Travel: Yes - up to 25% of the time.
Employment Requirement: Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. At this time, Alto is unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa.
Location Requirement: Employment at Alto is limited to individuals residing in the following states: Washington, California, Nevada, Colorado, Texas, and New York.
Benefits: Full-time: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Group Life, AD&D, Employer paid STD/LTD, generous PTO and parental leave.
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.