AptDeco is looking for a talented senior engineer to join our small collaborative team. We’re building cutting edge logistics for single furniture pickups and deliveries. You'll be working on everything from optimizing our e-commerce platform architecture to creating predictive models that efficiently manage delivery resources to scaling solutions as we expand to new markets. This role is fully remote and reports into the Director of Engineering.
What we're looking for:
- Detailed knowledge of the entire web stack (front-end, database, network layer, etc.)
- Familiarity with modern web technologies
- Experience building highly scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant systems
- Driven, focused self-starters who take ownership of their work
- Someone excited to coach and mentor junior developers and establish best practices in a team
You'll work on:
- AptDeco’s e-commerce web platform
- Catalog management, purchases, and order management
- Regional localization and scaling as we expand to new markets
- Optimizing website performance and polishing UX
- A/B testing new features to strengthen the platform
- Achieving a mobile-first responsive design
- Internal scheduling and delivery logistics systems
- Creating algorithms to match customer schedules with our logistical capabilities
- Optimizing pickup and delivery routes to be as efficient as possible
- Ensuring our delivery operations run smoothly and effectively
- 5+ years full-stack web development experience
- Experience with modern web frameworks and cloud infrastructure
- A strong desire to learn new technologies and programming languages
- Working knowledge of React, Next.js, and GraphQL
- Prior experience with Elixir, Erlang, or functional programming
- AWS knowledge and DevOps practices
$120,000 - $150,000 / annual salary
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of a total compensation package that also includes benefits, equity, and other opportunities at AptDeco. We created thoughtful and well researched salary ranges that take into consideration the following components: company industry, size, revenue, department, and funding stage.
As an early stage startup, we also include equity in compensation packages and believe employees should have an option to purchase ownership in the company and benefit from what we hope will be a lot of upside growth.
Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, and balancing internal equity relative to other employees. We are confident that the overall package offered is on par if not more competitive to others at our stage.
AptDeco (YC W14) is a peer-to-peer marketplace for buying and selling quality used furniture. Our customers love us because we take care of all the logistics on their behalf. We’re a fast growing NYC based startup. We are ambitious, engaged, and excited about disrupting the secondhand furniture industry. Moving can be stressful and we’re working everyday to ease this hassle for people across the United States.
AptDeco is committed to building diverse, inclusive, and equitable teams. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage individuals from a wide range of backgrounds to apply for positions.
Something looks off?