Delivery Team Associate
AptDeco is a marketplace for buying and selling furniture. Our customers love us because we take care of all the logistics including the pick up and delivery of their furniture. AptDeco is looking for ambitious and reliable people who care about providing excellent customer service. The right person can safely transport and deliver furniture to customers while adhering to assigned routes and schedules. AptDeco will provide you with on-the-job training.
Basic Compensation Information:
- As an Associate, you can make anywhere between $11.50-13.50 per delivery which is a “piece” rate payment (before tips) depending on how fast you move and your length of employment at the company. You will also be entitled to applicable federal and/or state overtime.
- You’ll be paid per location. Your pay rate will increase as you gain tenure within the company.
- The number of locations you are able to visit in a given day is based on a predefined route.
- The more locations you’re able to visit, the more you can make!
- The faster you move, the more you can make!
- Open to learning and being coached on the job
- Proactive with communication and can provide constructive feedback
- Committed to following routines and procedures
- Reliable and display strong levels of integrity and accountability
- A team player (Everyone works as one team at AptDeco)
- Capable of adapting to stress and handling high pressure situations
- Work with a Delivery Team Driver throughout the NY area and nearby states to pick up and deliver single pieces of furniture (65% of your time is spent in the passenger seat / 35% of your time is spent picking up and delivering furniture).
- Inspect and wrap furniture at pick up and unwrap upon delivery to customers homes.
- Provide great customer service when picking up furniture from our sellers and delivering to our buyers homes.
- Follow AptDeco’s delivery protocol and process ensuring orders are completed in a timely manner.
- Experience working at a moving, delivery, or courier company is a plus.
- The ability to perform physical requirements of the position (lifting from 75-100 pounds and carrying items up and down flights of stairs).
- The availability to work approximately 5 days per week, including some weekends.
- A functioning smartphone.
Additional Role Note:
The duties of this position may change from time to time. AptDeco reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of AptDeco or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
AptDeco (YC W14) is a peer-to-peer marketplace for buying and selling quality used furniture. Our customers love us because we take care of all the logistics on their behalf. We’re a fast growing NYC based startup. We are ambitious, engaged, and excited about disrupting the secondhand furniture industry. Moving can be stressful and we’re working everyday to ease this hassle for people across the United States.
AptDeco is committed to building diverse, inclusive, and equitable teams. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage individuals from a wide range of backgrounds to apply for positions.