Arda (YC W22)
AI-powered Marketing Compliance and Reviews Platform
About the role
We are Sei, a AI-powered marketing compliance platform.
We are backed by world-class investors including Y Combinator, Tribe Capital, PayPal, Picus Capital & Hashed. Pranay (CEO) and Ram (CTO) are the founders. We have combined experience of 20+ years of building fintech, and tech products for businesses & customers across the world at companies such as Cloud Kitchens, PayPal, TransferWise, and Amazon, among others.
We are looking for generalist engineers who will help shape the tech, product, and culture of the company. We are a pre-product-market fit company, so expect things to move fast (not a cliche) and change directions as we twist and turn to get to P-M fit.
What to expect
We are tech-stack agnostic in terms of the skill sets we are looking for, but the tech stack looks like the below (expect this to change as we scale):
- Typescript for APIs (REST and GraphQL)
- Python scripts for AI/ML
- Kafka, Spark, and data warehouses for ML pipelines (spark on python)
- AWS & Terraform
You can expect to do some or all of the following:
- Prompts, finetuning OpenAI and other models including open-source
- Deep-dive into token optimizations, preventing hallucinations and other issues
- Build clean, concise APIs for customer integration, along with the documentation
- Setup, run and maintain infrastructure
- Fool-proof security across the stack - encryption, hashing, privacy, VPC, etc.
- Infrastructure as code - build terraform scripts and ensure easy replication of the infra across different regions
- Manage production deployments, logging, and monitoring
- Documentation and transparency: Since we are fully async, we document everything (customer calls, partnership arrangements, design, tasks) and we expect you to do the same. We believe it's the only way to grow.
- Continuous 360 feedback: Everyone is expected to share constructive critical feedback with everyone else, including the founders.
- Product-minded: Everyone shares the product ownership, so we expect everyone to do customer outreach, support, and talk to customers for feedback and new features.
- Doers over talkers: We spend time figuring out the right direction to take and then execute intensely. No one is too “senior” to do a job - the CTO will code every day, the CEO will sell every day and everyone takes care of customer support on a schedule. We understand the difference between real work and pretense.
- Humanity over everything else: We sell the product to businesses, but in reality, we sell it to real humans on the other side. Our end customers are consumers using the product integrated with our APIs, so we are building the world’s most human-centric company (no pun intended). Kindness is expected and empathy is the core value we’re looking for
- Generalist, a solid engineer who can learn things on your own and has an eye for clean, tested, and well-documented code
- We don’t look at the number of years of work experience as a criterion but rather see what you have done in your life so far (side projects, open-source contributions, blogs, etc.). We don’t care about degrees, the institutions you went to, or the companies you worked for before. We are open to talking as long as you have good judgment, and great clarity, align with our values, and have a strong track record of thoughtful work
- Understand the fundamentals of building and integrating APIs and secure systems.
- We expect you to know about Generative AI and LLMs. An ideal candidate should have tinkered with different models and understand the different problems around hallucinations, token optimizations, etc.
Pay and benefits
We offer a solid, competitive package (including early-stage equity) that is location-agnostic. We give you the flexibility to choose the split between cash and equity.
About the interview
We reply to every email with the next steps. We will get back to you within 24 hours.
If we are both interested in moving forward, then you will have the following set of discussions (90 minutes each, all remote):
- Call with Ram (CTO): Technical interview to understand your experience and interest.
- Video call with Pranay (CEO): Values, culture-fit, getting to know more about you and answer your questions about SeiRight.
- We will share a short take-home assignment or ask for samples of your work. If you'd prefer, we can also arrange for a week of fully-paid work with the team for both of us to see if there is a mutual fit
We expect the process to be complete within 1-2 weeks.
We're building tools for institutions to manage risk in DeFi