Sr Principal RF Systems Engineer
Palo Alto, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2023
Array Labs is building a distributed radar imaging constellation to power the first accurate, real-time 3D model of the world.
As an RF Systems Engineer, you will have the unique opportunity to shape the design of an advanced RF transceiver that will be used by both the communications and radar systems. In this critical role, you will be collaborating with baseband, radar, antenna, and other engineering teams to build cutting-edge hardware, rapidly moving all the way from clean-sheet designs into full operational deployment in space.
- Own design, prototyping, and validation of a combined communications and radar imaging transceiver
- Design, analyze, and optimize the complete RF system lineup
- Roadmap transceiver designs across multiple generations: from discrete COTS based designs to highly integrated custom modules
- Prototype RF transceivers and measure phase noise, sensitivity, and other radio parameters (TX EVM, ACLR, OOBE)
- Collaborate with the baseband modem team on system design and algorithm optimization
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering with a focus on RF systems and analog design
- 17+ years of RF systems/transceiver design experience
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Learns new concepts rapidly, completely, and in a self-directed manner
- High levels of self-motivation and personal accountability
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under significant time constraints
- US citizen or permanent resident (green card holder)
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Ph. D. preferred
- Experience in multiple blocks in the Antenna-to-Modem chain ( PA, LNA, mixer, oscillator, PLL, LO, VGA, filter, ADC/DAC, TIA)
- Experience in RF system link budget, frequency planning, impairment characterization, and associated calibrations (DPD, IQ-imbalance, TXLO, RXDC)
- Experience in RF system lineup modeling and analyzing RF-Modem system KPIs
- Experience with System Level RF Parametrics and RF component characterization
- Experience with Coex and interference mitigation mechanisms for multi-radio systems
- Experience mitigating intermodulation, self-interference, and other system interference issues
- Experience developing solutions for desense and spur issues
- Experience with Radar exciters and receivers
- Experience with ETSI/FCC certification
- Familiarity with design tools like Matlab, ADS, or SystemVue
- Experience using RF Lab Test Equipment (network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, vector signal generator/analyzer, etc.)
- Knowledge of RF concepts like Gain, Noise Figure, Linearity (IP3), Phase Noise, ACPR, Spurs, and associated cascade analysis
- Knowledge of at least one wireless technology - Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Cellular, DVB-S2
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Array Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made on the basis of merit, competence, and job qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by gender, color, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender identity, veteran status, disability status, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
We will conduct three interviews via Zoom; the typical process takes around 2-4 weeks to complete from start to finish.
Hiring and Compensation Strategy
Our hiring and compensation strategy is simple:
1) find uncommonly good people
2) pay them uncommonly well
You can anticipate competitive pay, with high flexibility between salary and equity-based compensation.
Why you should join Array Labs
Array Labs is launching a constellation of satellites to create the first high-resolution, real-time, three-dimensional model of Earth. Our next-generation satellite technology will offer image quality 60x greater than traditional techniques, profoundly expanding humanity’s ability to understand and respond to events on a global scale.
In forging an affordable, accessible, accurate representation of Earth, our work has the potential to transform the face of dozens of fields, including autonomy, telecommunications, disaster relief, gaming, climate science, defense and construction.