Communications Systems Engineer
Marketing & Communications, Software Engineering
Palo Alto, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, April 23, 2023
Array Labs is building a distributed radar imaging constellation to power the first accurate, real-time 3D model of the world.
As a communications systems engineer on the hardware engineering team, you will have the unique opportunity to shape the design of the first orbital MIMO radar imaging system. In this critical role, you will be collaborating with silicon, antenna, software, and other engineering teams to build cutting-edge hardware, rapidly moving all the way from clean-sheet designs into full operational deployment in space.
- System-level and link-level design in support of ground-breaking satellite communication and radar imaging system
- Work closely with ASIC/FPGA, RF/antenna, and software engineers to design and validate silicon-based systems
- Develop floating-point and fixed-point models and build simulations to analyze system performance
- Generate bit-accurate and cycle-accurate vector models to support IC design verification
- Create spacecraft hardware requirements, specifications, and test procedures
- Support RF system bring-up and validation by developing and implementing hardware test plans
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, physics, or a related field
- Experience in system-level modeling and digital signal processing
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Learns new concepts rapidly, completely, and in a self-directed manner
- High levels of self-motivation and personal accountability
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under significant time constraints
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering with emphasis in communication systems and/or digital signal processing
- 2+ years of experience in system-level modeling
- 2+ years of experience in working on multiplexing techniques such as CDMA, TDMA, and OFDMA
- 2+ years of experience in design and verification of high-data-rate wireless communication systems
- Proficient in MATLAB, C/C++, and/or Python
- Experience with wireless communication protocols, such as WiFi, LTE, Bluetooth, etc.
- Experience designing and implementing system-level procedures and algorithms
- Experience creating system-level simulators for performance analysis
- Experience performing system link budget analysis for communication system performance prediction
- Knowledge of modem designs, algorithms, and hardware architectures
- Knowledge of FPGA and ASIC development concepts, methodologies, and procedures
- Experience working in a lab and using laboratory test equipment
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Array Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made on the basis of merit, competence, and job qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by gender, color, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender identity, veteran status, disability status, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
We will conduct three interviews via Zoom; the typical process takes around 2-4 weeks to complete from start to finish.
Hiring and Compensation Strategy
Our hiring and compensation strategy is simple:
1) find uncommonly good people
2) pay them uncommonly well
You can anticipate competitive pay, with high flexibility between salary and equity-based compensation.
Why you should join Array Labs
Array Labs is launching a constellation of satellites to create the first high-resolution, real-time, three-dimensional model of Earth. Our next-generation satellite technology will offer image quality 60x greater than traditional techniques, profoundly expanding humanity’s ability to understand and respond to events on a global scale.
In forging an affordable, accessible, accurate representation of Earth, our work has the potential to transform the face of dozens of fields, including autonomy, telecommunications, disaster relief, gaming, climate science, defense and construction.