Sr Staff/Principal 3D Reconstruction Scientist
Palo Alto, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2023
Array Labs is building a distributed radar imaging constellation to power the first accurate, real-time 3D model of the world.
As a 3D Reconstruction Scientist in the Image Formation team at Array Labs, you will play a crucial role in designing and implementing state-of-the-art algorithms and techniques for reconstructing 3D images from distributed sensors. Your work will have a significant impact on the industries we serve by enabling our products to deliver highly accurate and detailed 3D models and visualizations.
- Research, design, and implement tomographic algorithms for 3D image reconstruction utilizing complex phase-history data from radar sensors
- Develop autofocus techniques to sharpen images affected by inaccurate position knowledge of the sensor platform, and/or phase inaccuracies caused by various hardware imperfections in our distributed sensor system
- Develop efficient data preprocessing and calibration techniques to enhance the quality and accuracy of 3D reconstructions
- Optimize algorithms for near real-time production of 3D imagery in our cloud-based production pipeline
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate 3D image reconstruction solutions into our products and services
- Conduct thorough testing, validation, and performance evaluation of 3D image reconstruction algorithms to ensure they meet end-user expectations
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- 11+ years of experience in 3D image reconstruction, 3D computer vision, multi-view geometry or a related field.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Learns new concepts rapidly, completely, and in a self-directed manner
- High levels of self-motivation and personal accountability
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under significant time constraints
- Proficient in MATLAB, C/C++, and/or Python
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- 6+ years of experience deploying 3D image processing/generation algorithms into production pipelines
- 6+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience adapting image processing algorithms for GPU clusters
- Experience with stochastic and adaptive signal processing techniques
- Experience extracting insights from 3D data products via AI/ML techniques
- Experience creating 3D data products from geospatial data sets is a plus
- signal processing for tomographic SAR and/or interferometric SAR
- Depth estimation using stereo images, multi-view geometry, or optical flow
- Generating 3D images from 2D sensors.
- Estimation theoretic approaches to 3D localization
- Ambiguity resolution for 3D localization
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Array Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made on the basis of merit, competence, and job qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by gender, color, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender identity, veteran status, disability status, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
We will conduct three interviews via Zoom; the typical process takes around 2-4 weeks to complete from start to finish.
Hiring and Compensation Strategy
Our hiring and compensation strategy is simple:
1) find uncommonly good people
2) pay them uncommonly well
You can anticipate competitive pay, with high flexibility between salary and equity-based compensation.
Why you should join Array Labs
Array Labs is launching a constellation of satellites to create the first high-resolution, real-time, three-dimensional model of Earth. Our next-generation satellite technology will offer image quality 60x greater than traditional techniques, profoundly expanding humanity’s ability to understand and respond to events on a global scale.
In forging an affordable, accessible, accurate representation of Earth, our work has the potential to transform the face of dozens of fields, including autonomy, telecommunications, disaster relief, gaming, climate science, defense and construction.