Inventory Management Intern (Summer 2024)
Astranis is on a mission to bridge the digital divide by connecting the four billion people worldwide who currently lack internet access. We're doing this by building the next generation of smaller, more cost-effective spacecraft to bring the world online.
As a team, we’ve launched two satellites into orbit, signed ten commercial deals worth over $1 billion in revenue, raised over $500 million from top global investors, and recruited a team of over 300 world-class engineers. We all work out of our (legendary) San Francisco office, which was once used to build ships during the World Wars.
Our satellites, which operate from geostationary orbit (GEO), weigh only 400 kg and utilize a proprietary software-defined radio payload. Each satellite can connect over two million people, and we’re very excited for the impact we’ll soon have in the Philippines, Peru, Mexico, and more!
Backed by substantial funding and a passionate, collaborative team, we offer a rewarding work environment where you'll learn and make a significant impact, no matter where you are in your career.
Apply and join us on our journey towards global connectivity!
Inventory Operations Intern
Internships at Astranis typically last for twelve weeks, and are hourly roles designed for students who are currently enrolled at a four-year university.
- Supporting the Inventory Manager to ensure accurate documentation of parts
- Receiving and accounting of items into our systems
- Auditing, inspecting, and inspection of deliveries for all parts and items within our labs
- Sorting, counting, and accurate placement of items to ensure manufacturing efficiency. (i.e.. fasteners, sensors, screws, etc.)
- Identify untagged inventory to ensure systems are updated.
- Perform physical identification of part located throughout our factory
- Assist in the shipping of parts to vendors or suppliers.
- Organizing inventory areas throughout the factory and identify potential process improvements
- Inventory stocking of packing materials, tools, and supplies
- Organized and detail oriented individual
- No task is too big or too small! For instance, you may sort 10,000 screws by size and tomorrow create shipping labels
- Passionate about seeing projects from inception to completion
- High accountability and willingness to own certain aspects of the inventory process
- Demonstrate an ability to quickly identify problems and implement a solution
- No prior Inventory experience necessary - we will teach you all you need to know
- Must be onsite at our HQ located in San Francisco 5 days a week