At AstroForge, our mission is to expand humanity’s capabilities to utilize the untapped resources in space. As an engineering physicist, you will help develop, build, and test refinery technologies which will enable the extraction of valuable materials from asteroids for the first time.
- Run simulations and analysis to characterize and optimize our refinery payload
- Support prototyping, bring-up, debugging, manufacturing of our refinery payload system.
- Run development and qualification testing campaigns in order to exercise designs to their limits
- Review experimental and simulation data to help with iteration of design
- Research novel techniques in the refining and extraction of materials in space
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Physics or related science or engineering discipline *
- 1+ years of laboratory and/or industry experience *
* If you feel you can be successful at this position but don’t meet the minimum qualifications, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Required Skills and Experience
- Understanding of plasma and particle physics concepts
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly cross-functional role
- Ability to work in an autonomously driven and demanding startup atmosphere
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extended hours, day or night shift, and weekend work may be required to support critical project and mission milestones
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S.,protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.