Flight Software Engineer
At AstroForge, our mission is to expand humanity’s capabilities to utilize the untapped resources in space. As a Flight Software Engineer, you will collaborate across engineering disciplines to create solutions in support of creating the first successful asteroid mining vehicle. You will be designing, developing, and testing platform and application software that operates safety critical logic, sensors, and control, guidance, and navigation systems. The ideal candidate excels at working in a multidisciplinary, fast-paced environment.
Flight Software Engineer:
AstroForge's software team is small and ambitious. We are looking for a Software Engineer to help us build out flight software for our upcoming missions. From deeply embedded drivers to high-performance simulations, you will work on every part of the stack. As an early member of the team, you will be given tremendous latitude to influence the design of our missions. If you love solving a variety of complex challenges this job is for you.
- Architect and design software running in deep space.
- Write low-level drivers for sensors and other peripherals.
- Work with the GNC (Guidance, Navigation, and Control) on the safe implementation of control systems and computer vision algorithms.
- Develop real-time image generation software to test CV systems.
- Develop ground software to ensure a successful mission.
- Wrangling device trees and other embedded Linux tasks.
- Systems Software Background: Systems software is an amorphous term, but we want people with experience building reliable complex systems such as safety-critical embedded applications, databases, game engines, kernels, or anything else.
- Experience in Rust or C++ is required. This job will primarily be in Rust, but we are comfortable with you learning that on the job if you are not already skilled.
- At least a bachelor's degree in a related field: Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering (any kind), etc.
- Flexibility and ambition: We are looking for candidates who are hungry to solve complex problems and won't be troubled when requirements change.
- Math and Physics literacy.
- Aerospace experience.
- Experience reading PCB schematics and component data-sheets.
- Nix: We use Nix as our build system for our embedded Linux OS. If you are a Nix fan we would love to talk to you
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S.,protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?