Flight Software Intern
About the Company
At AstroForge, our mission is to make space resources accessible on Earth. We mine asteroids to extract valuable minerals in space at a lower cost and smaller carbon footprint than current terrestrial mining methods. By joining the team at AF you’ll have the opportunity to work side by side with our amazing engineer and science teams. This position will provide you with valuable skills, experience, and mentorship necessary to become a leading professional in your field. We offer a unique opportunity to join an exciting team looking to expand humanity’s capabilities in space.
Our software team is small and ambitious. We are looking for a Software Intern to help us build out flight software for our upcoming missions. Work under the supervision of our software engineers to assist the development and testing of software used to control our spacecraft.
- 18 years or older.
- Proof of US Citizenship or Permanent Residency.
- Enrollment in an accredited college or university, with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Must not be otherwise employed for the duration of the internship.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Software / Computer Science major.
- Basic knowledge of embedded systems.
- Experience with Linux and version control systems.
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- Familiarity with Rust.
- Experience with embedded Linux distributions.
- Interest in space exploration and aerospace engineering.
- Being comfortable working with hardware in a lab.
- Good knowledge of math and physics.
Need To Know Details
- Pay Rate: $30.00 per hour
- Length of Internship: 10-12 weeks
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S.,protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.