About the Company
At AstroForge, our mission is to make space resources accessible on Earth. We mine asteroids to extract valuable minerals in space at a lower cost and smaller carbon footprint than current terrestrial mining methods. By joining the team at AF you’ll have the opportunity to work side by side with our amazing engineer and science teams. This position will provide you with valuable skills, experience, and mentorship necessary to become a leading professional in your field. We offer a unique opportunity to join an exciting team looking to expand humanity’s capabilities in space.
Work under the supervision of our guidance, navigation, and controls team to assist with developing flight algorithms and software to power the world’s first asteroid mining vehicles.
- 18 years or older
- Proof of US Citizenship or Permanent Residency
- Enrollment in an accredited college or university, with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must not be otherwise employed for the duration of the internship
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Proficiency with Python and/or Rust
- Experience with one or more robotics concepts (e.g., state estimation, controls, perception)
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- Experience testing / debugging robotic software in HITL environments
- Currently pursuing a degree in engineering or a STEM-related field
- Aerospace project or course experience a plus but not required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills
Need To Know Details
- Pay Rate: $30.00 per hour
- Length of Internship: 10-12 weeks
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S.,protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.