At Benepass we're making benefits magical. We believe people are the most important asset to any company. Traditional one-size-fits-all benefits packages no longer cut it in today's hybrid and remote-first environment. With Benepass, companies can tailor their benefits to the unique needs of their workforce.
Through our easy-to-use and highly customizable fintech platform, People teams can implement, administer, and track the modern benefits that their employees are looking for. Employers design their benefits and perks plan by setting a contribution amount and eligible spend categories. Every employee has their own individual definition of wellness and needs different things to help them be their most productive, fulfilled self.
Helping companies reimagine the world of benefits and how they are delivered to employees.
Threshold Ventures and back by other great VCs like Gradient (Google’s AI venture fund), Y Combinator, and angels (Aaron Levie - Box and Jake Schwartz - General Assembly).
TEAM & ROLE
As Product Designer you will play a pivotal role in defining the future of our product and will have the exciting opportunity to establish and lead the design function. In this role, you will be essential in driving research and design initiatives for new product areas. Collaborating closely with product managers, engineers, and cross-functional team members, your work will ensure that Benepass effectively serves HR and people teams and, ultimately, their valued employees.
WHAT YOU’LL DO AT Benepass
- Product Design: Drive the end-to-end design process, from concept to implementation, by creating intuitive, visually appealing, and user-centric designs for our web and mobile applications.
- Usability Testing: Define, lead, and execute usability testing to validate design decisions and refine product designs in response to user input
- Design System: You will drive the adaptation of the design system as Benepass scales
- User Research: Define, lead, and execute the process to determine how we do research and execute that plan
- You have a successful track record of generating design ideas required to solve problems and taking ownership of the design process
- You love tackling ambiguous problems and shaping them into concrete solutions — both at the system level and through the details
- You seek feedback and explain the rationale behind your work to your team
- You advocate for a design-oriented point of view
- You think systematically – including beyond the realm of design to other stakeholders and the business as a whole
- You recognize that making trade-offs is necessary and thoughtfully evaluate options
- 3-5+ years of product design experience, including user research and usability testing.
- Experience in designing for web and mobile applications
- Ability to drive design initiatives independently
- Knowledge and understanding of project management principles: managing projects from beginning to end; that vary in scope and complexity
- Managed creative design efforts in a complex environment
- Proficiency in design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, or similar
- Experience working in HR Tech or FinTech
- Degree in Design (Interaction, Product, Communication, HCD, or related) or deep experience doing such things
- Previous start-up experience
Not meeting all the requirements but still feel like you’d be a great fit? Tell us how you can contribute to our team in a cover letter or apply to our "general opportunities"
- Recruiter Phone Screen - 45 mins
- 1v1 w/Director of Product, Esme Lutz - 45 mins
- 1v1 w/Co-Founder & Head of Product, Mark Fischer - 45 mins
- Portfolio Review - 60 mins
- Reference Check & Meet The Team - 30 mins
- Base: $130K - $150K
- Equity: TBD
Range(s) is subject to change. Benepass takes a number of factors into account when determining individual starting pay, including your expectations, how you interview, peer compensation, and years of experience. We also look at the market data using Pave (Option Impact).
WHAT WE OFFER
- 95% coverage of medical, dental, and vision
- Fantastic benefits (of course 😃), including:
- $500 WFH setup
- $100/month cell phone + internet
- $100/month Wellness
- No Meeting Wednesday!
- Team Onsites 3-4 times a year
- Flexible PTO
- Work from anywhere (during standard US business hours)
At Benepass, we are working towards reimaging how companies take care of their people. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Benepass is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer.