Senior Data Analyst
IT, Data Science
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2023
We are looking for a Senior Data Analyst to join our Data Engineering team to specialize in gathering, compiling, visualizing, and analyzing data across the organization through building data sets, ad hoc analysis, and report creation. In this role you will work closely with both internal and external stakeholders to understand their data needs, translating those into technical requirements, and building data sets and visualizations that reflect those. You will be the primary contact for any reporting data needs throughout the organization and play a crucial role in future reporting and analytic decisions including evaluating and selecting business intelligence tools and the continued standup of the enterprise data warehouse.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (What you will be doing):
- Building reports and dashboards that will be directly accessible to both external and internal customers
- Building data models (implemented as database tables or views) to serve various customer needs
- Ensuring data quality within reports and dashboards
- Assessing business needs and advocating for data tooling within the organization
- Communicating with project managers, external, and internal customers to determine data needs
- Creating, implementing, documenting, and training on best practices and standards for BI tools
- Advising Data Engineering team on business needs for common models in the data warehouse
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements (What you need to succeed):
- BS in Computer Science, Data Analytics, or related, plus 5 years of industry experience, or equivalent
- Experience working with common relational databases and warehouses (ex. Postgres, MySQL, Snowflake, etc)
- Expert in writing SQL
- Experience with a professional dashboarding tool (Tableau, PowerBI, etc)
- Experience analyzing and optimizing query runtimes
- Experience with CI/CD and common development workflows (Git, code reviews, etc.) for building data models
- Experience with writing tests for, and validating, data models
Education and/or Work Experience Bonuses (What will help you succeed):
- Experience with dbt
- Experience with python
- Experience working with dimensional data models
- Experience working with scientific, geographic, demographic and/or wastewater data
Physical Requirements and Special Demands:
- Required standing or sitting for several hours straight at a time.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone and video conferencing for several hours each day.
The estimated salary for this position is $115,000 to $140,000 depending on prior work experience. This range represents the low and high end of the anticipated base salary range for this position.
The actual base salary will depend on numerous factors such as: total experience, applicable knowledge and relevant skills. Final salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s leveling upon offer.
Please see below for more information about Biobot, including our benefits overview, company background, and employment eligibility requirements.
We are unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Additionally, we are currently only accepting applicants from the states listed below. You will be asked to confirm your location in your application to help us determine your eligibility for this position.
Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Carolina, New Hampshire, New York, New Jersey, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin
Free medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families, including a $0 deductible medical plan. We want our employees to manage their health and that of their families without worrying about high premiums or deductibles.
Unlimited PTO with 3 week minimum. Whether it's playing MTG or D&D, singing on stage, camping, raising chickens, or anything else that inspires, we want our employees to unplug and explore their passions.
12 weeks parental leave at 100% pay. We love Biobabies and know that bonding with a new child is a critical need for employees and Biobabies alike.
3% Biobot 401k contribution. Regardless of whether our employees contribute, we contribute 3% of salaries into participating employees' 401k accounts because we want to support their long-term financial goals.
Onsite or at home, we ensure our employees' workspace is set up for success through generous home office stipend for remote employees, free parking or commuter benefits and on-site meals for lab employees.
At Biobot, we are working together to build a team environment in which everyone can thrive and is proud to belong. We are an equal opportunity employer and our goal is to be a diverse team that is representative, at all job levels, of the society we live in. We encourage applications from candidates of all identities and backgrounds, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in technology startups.
Our mission is to transform wastewater infrastructure into public health observatories.
Named as one of Fast Company’s most innovative companies in the world in 2021, Biobot Analytics is a wastewater epidemiology company and uses technology developed at MIT to measure biomarkers in sewage to better understand population health in cities. We first launched an opioid product to support government and public health officials in responding to the opioid epidemic, and in 2020 launched a Covid19 product to estimate the scope and trend of the outbreak in communities. We have operated in almost 500 communities across 43 U.S. states, generating Covid19 case estimates for over 13% of the U.S. population.
Battling the opioid epidemic and now the Covid19 pandemic is just the beginning - we’re transforming sewage into a data asset and building a public health database. Eventually, Biobot data will be an early warning system for disease outbreaks, a map of nutrition disparities, and more. Headquartered in the Boston area with an office in NYC, we aim to create the bedrock of human health infrastructure and smart cities in countries across all six continents.
Please visit our website at www.biobot.io