QA Tester, VR (Part-Time Contract)
Blacktop Hoop is the world’s first competitive VR streetball game. Chain together flashy dribble tricks, shots, and high-flying dunks to finish off opponents in epic games of 1-on-1 arcade basketball.
As a QA Tester you will focus on expanding on working with our QA team to identify and prioritize bugs to help us create a world-class single player and multiplayer VR basketball experience.
We're looking for a tester with 15-20 hours availability each week and with experience testing VR games.
You are an experienced QA tester with a knack for quickly finding bugs. You have extensive experience playing VR games. You’re looking to help us build the next generation of competitive virtual reality games.
Examples of things you could work on:
- Working with Alpha and Beta testers to investigate bug reports to identify steps to replicated
- Individually testing PC and Quest Alpha releases before the community to identify issues, document steps replicate, and log bugs on Asana on a weekly basis
- Collaborate closely with QA team and Discord playtester community to identify and prioritize bugs
- You will work closely with QA Lead and the rest of the game team, logging bugs on Asana and communicating issues directly to Producers, Software Engineers, Designers and Artists
- As an integral part of the team, you will execute complex test cases, research bugs, file detailed bug reports and verify developer bug fixes
- Actively assess and communicate the needs or progress of development partners, and how they impact QA’s priorities and tasks.
- Work flexible hours and assist with additional testing tasks as needed.
- 2-6 months QA testing experience in software/gaming QA
- Clear, accurate and succinct written and verbal communication
- You are passionate about VR games and have a knack for finding game breaking bugs
- Understanding of the games QA methodology
- Understanding of Software Testing Processes and Best Practices
- Understanding of Software/Game Development Lifecycles and project management methodologies (e.g)
- Experience with QA testing for VR experiences
- Aligns with Vinci Games’ Core Values: Scrappy, Creative Problem Solver, Avid Learner, Cares, Seeks Context, Adaptable