Social Media Intern, VR Basketball (Tiktok & Instragram) - Contract
Vinci Games is an independent game studio building the next-generation of VR sports games. We're backed by the world's leading startup incubator Y Combinator and previously worked on leading IP at studios including CD Projekt Red, Oculus, and Disney. We’re passionate about building authentic sports games which intersect our passions for animation, game design, storytelling, music, and culture.
Blacktop Hoops is the world’s first competitive multiplayer VR streetball game. We're seeking out a Social Media Intern to play a pivotal role in establishing Vinci Games as a leader in VR. We're seeking a candidate with a deep love for basketball and a knack for creating engaging short-form video content, specifically on TikTok.
Examples of things you could work on:
- Create diverse and captivating TikTok videos weekly, showcasing gameplay, cultural trends, tips, and more.
- Utilize graphic design and video editing tools to enhance basketball-themed content for various social campaigns on TikTok.
- Experiment with content formats, posting schedules, and captions to optimize audience engagement.
- Engage with the gaming community by responding to comments and messages on TikTok, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Identify and reach out to gaming influencers and content creators on TikTok, Instagram, and YouTube for potential collaborations.
- Produce high-quality video content for TikTok, Instagram, and YouTube for Blacktop Hoops.
- Manage and cultivate communities across existing social platforms, including TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Collaborate with the marketing lead to develop content strategies aligned with game features, updates, and community interests.
- Stay updated on social media trends, gaming industry news, and competitor strategies to inform our content and engagement strategies.
- Oversee the marketing campaign calendar and coordinate promotions for product milestones, content creators, and community opportunities.
- Conduct market research to improve social media best practices
- Passion for basketball, games, VR, and consumer trends
- Thrive in fast-paced environments filled with ambiguity
- Self-starter with a willingness to think outside of the box
- Ability to work effectively by yourself or collaborate across all disciplines
- Willing to rapidly iterate with the team, take constructive feedback, to formulate a well-drafted plan
- Self-motivated, ambitious, and tenaciously curious
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High energy, empathetic, and authentic