About the role
Bloom is an investing app that teaches users how to build wealth through interactive financial lessons, a gamified rewards economy as well as an investing account designed for building long-term wealth.
Since launching in April 2022, over 1 million users have taken over 20 million lessons on Bloom. We have crossed $3MM in annual recurring revenue while also achieving profitability.
As an early engineering hire, you'll make large contributions to our core product, support key technical decisions and help us scale the next two orders of magnitude. We provide meaningful ownership of your work through generous equity, and we pride ourselves on moving fast.
Bloom's mission is to improve the financial outcomes of all Americans by giving them the knowledge and tools they need to achieve prosperity. You should be passionate about our mission of helping Americans learn about money and investing in order to help them achieve prosperity.
Skills: React Native, TypeScript, React, NodeJS
What would you be doing?
- Work with our founding engineers (both full-stack) to architect & build our core infrastructure (NodeJS) that support millions of users and tens of thousands of daily actives
- Co-lead development with our CPO + founding engineers on building our core product: our mobile app (React Native)
- Work with our product designer on design & product
- Improve performance and reliability across our app
- Help assess and recruit future engineers
What are we looking for?
- 3+ years of NodeJS experience
- 3+ years of SQL / PostgresSQL experience
- 1+ years of React Native experience
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Strong attention to detail & ability to think through complex problems
- Bonus: investing experience and/or expertise
- Bonus: experience founding or working for consumer fintech or edtech startups
Why work with us?
- We're growing fast, are financially stable and our customers love our product
- We move really fast and experiment non-stop. If you are energized by shipping lots of stuff and learning quickly you're probably a great fit
- You will have a meaningful influence on the outcome of the business. We're a relatively small team of 6 full-time, so in addition to leading app development, you will be critical driver of the next stages of product, growth & hiring.
- We have many interesting technical challenges, including integrating Large Language Models into our financial lessons and investing experience.
- We provide meaningful ownership of work through generous equity and competitive salaries with benefits.
Bloom's mission is to improve the financial outcomes of all Americans by giving them the knowledge and tools they need to achieve prosperity.
Our first product is an investing app that teaches users how to build wealth through interactive financial lessons, a gamified rewards economy as well as an investing account designed for building long-term wealth.
Since launching in April 2022, over 1 million users have joined Bloom and we have crossed $3MM in annual recurring revenue. We've raised $4MM+ in funding to date.