Staff Engineer (Python)
BlueCargo provides real-time information for trucking companies that move cargo from marine ports to first warehouses. We are building a platform that will be a one-stop shop for truckers to dispatch, schedule their workload and move containers efficiently.
The startup was founded by two female entrepreneurs, graduated from Y Combinator (2018 batch), and has raised a 4 million seed round. We are at the beginning of an exciting growth phase where we have already developed product-market fit, a working platform, and hundreds of daily active users. We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer to grow the team and deliver a product to participate in bringing the company to the next level.
The total size of the Tech Team is 11 : 9 engineers + 2 Product + UX
If working to bring technology to the logistics industry sounds exciting, then we’d like to connect with you! We are looking for an experienced python engineer with a startup mindset.
Our Current Tech
- Technical stack:
AWSservices (Lambda, RDS, S3),
CircleCIand other continuous integration tools
- Technical team: 12 (objective: x2 in one year)
- Location: Los Angeles
You will be building the platform technology and infrastructure that drives BlueCargo’s product delivery. It means:
- Collaborate with different players internally: product managers, designers, data scientists and other software engineers
- Translate product requirements and technical designs into well-engineered, low-defect, robust code
- Research new technologies and methodologies that can improve the architecture, its constituent software components, user experience, and development process
- Perform extensive unit testing, system testing and regression testing
In addition to the following technical skills, we are looking for PROBLEM SOLVERS with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Interested and/or experience in logistics and/or supply chain
- 10+ years of python engineering experience, developing and deploying software in a short cycle using Agile methodologies
- Experienced in data sourcing technologies (external APIs, web-scraping, EDI files, etc.) and building data management platforms
- Interested in building systems based on complex data extraction and creating a user friendly experience out of it
- Autonomous in your work, proactive while working with cross-functional team to build creative solutions
- Advantaged if interested in data science and machine learning
- Advantaged if full-stack capabilities
- Perks: Medical benefits + unlimited PTO
- Fun perks: flexible and international environment
- Support/Community: Enjoy being a member of a Y Combinator company!
- Contact: [email hidden], [email hidden]