Principal Product Manager - Technical
Recognized by Fast Company as one of the 10 most innovative companies, Bluecrew is a technology platform that makes it easy to hire, manage and schedule a flexible workforce—from on-demand to long-term. Employers get instant access to pre-screened workers, and workers get to choose jobs that fit their life with the benefits and protections they deserve.
Bluecrew was founded in 2015 to disrupt the traditional staffing model (an industry worth $130 billion which is almost exclusively offline) with a mobile-first platform that offers workers control, flexibility, and protection, while instantly connecting them to high quality, short and long-term employment opportunities. Unlike gig economy platforms, our Crew Members are W-2 employees of Bluecrew, receiving benefits and protections like minimum wage, overtime, sick pay, and workers' compensation. Bluecrew has offices in Chicago and Seattle with a presence in markets nationwide and is owned and operated by EmployBridge.
The ideal candidate has deep experience setting product vision and building successful customer-facing products, uses a clear understanding of customer needs and business KPIs to prioritize initiatives, has a strong track record of delivery, can communicate clearly, and effectively influences across the organization. To be successful, you need to be comfortable taking initiative and working across teams in an ambiguous space and relatively unstructured environment. You also need to have technical acumen, be able to effectively represent Bluecrew within a customer’s environment, and drive discussions with senior leadership regarding vision and strategy, priorities, product performance, and technical architecture trade-offs.
What You'll Do
- Take on ambiguous customer problems, define vision and strategy, and deliver independently, with limited guidance.
- Present confidently to Bluecrew senior management, external clients, and other large audiences. Influence prioritization at the executive level.
- Own business goals and translate company-wide goals into product features.
- Handle complex product development and management scenarios, make smart trade-offs taking into account effort vs. customer impact vs. business impact). Make data driven decisions and experiment to determine priority and direction of product. Pivot when required.
- Recognize when the technical design of a feature is complex, limits performance, scale, extensibility, and/or our ability to innovate in the future. Assess the impact of emerging technologies on products.
- Establish/simplify processes to ensure product meets customer needs. (e.g., roadmap prioritization, product lifecycle) and audit mechanisms (e.g., metrics, reporting, evaluation standards).
- Hire and mentor other product leaders.
What You'll Bring to the Table
- 6-10 years of technical product management experience
- 4+ years of experience with end to end customer-facing product delivery
- Experience leading engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs
- Bachelor's Degree
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic thinker with high attention to details
- Proven ability to extract and analyze data to make product decisions
- Passionate about creating the best customer experience
- Ability to drive and prioritize a broad range of product initiatives
- Experience in managing and launching new mobile experiences (iOS, Android)
- Technical aptitude with capacity to dive deep into technical programs.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: not afraid to invent and try new things, take calculated risks
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?