Senior Sales Engineer
- Lead in all technical aspects of the sales process and answer technical questions from prospects and clients regarding Bolt technology, features, solutions, and applications
- Make technical implementation as smooth as possible for the customer. This involves meeting the client to set the expectations ahead of implementation, advising and recommending them around any uncertainties they may have and acting as a technical point of contact towards that client until the scope has been achieved
- Purpose solution options that maximize the Bolt value proposition while meeting the customers business requirements.
- Become a trusted advisor for the customer, helping to define their integration strategy.
- Build customer relationships at the executive level
- Be responsible for completion of technical requirements within RFI/RFPs
- Lead the team through execution of sales campaigns for all customer segments. Be there to provide immediate feedback
- Contribute to the vision and strategy of the Presales team
What will set you up for success:
The ideal candidate balances leadership, business, and technical skills. A solid communicator and partner to the sales leadership, they will possess the following core skills:
- Leadership Skills
- Comfortable leading by example and getting hands-on in deals
- Experience in leading presentations and demos to audiences of all levels and roles, especially C-suite.
- Strong customer presence, interaction and presentation skills
- Effective in customer facing/live engagements
- Compelling leader who can effectively develop trust to supportively coach and drive team motivation
- Customer-Centric and Value-based Selling
- Track record in developing value-based proposals and value-propositions
- Business acumen and knowledge of core vertical industry in customer base
- Strong, rational thinker with demonstrated command of outcome based sales models
- Proven record of strategizing on large, complex sales
- 8+ years of consultative selling in ecommerce, payments or fintech
- Prior experience in B2B technology, ideally with API/Platform driven products
- Strong career trajectory, history of top performance in successive roles
- Strong verbal and written communication at senior executive levels
- Must be self-managed, responsive and dedicated to customer success
- Familiarity building relationships with cross-functional partners
- Ability to challenge team and be challenged to achieve Solutions Engineering goals
- Ability to mentor new Solutions Engineers
- Proven ability to present in depth technical knowledge in a commercial and sales-driven setting
- A service oriented mindset, are customer driven, and able to deliver high quality work without a lot of oversight
- Comprehensive health coverage: Medical, dental and vision
- Remote-first workplace
- 4 day work weeks
- Time away: Flexible PTO, paid holidays + floating holidays, your birthday off!
- Paid parental leave
- Competitive Pay
- Retirement plans
- Virtual and in-person team & company events
In addition to our core values, Bolt is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity and expression, genetic information, pregnancy and related conditions, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law. On our mission to democratize commerce, the Bolt platform levels the playing field for everyone. As a company, we are committed to designing products, building a culture, and supporting a team that reflects the diverse population we serve (that is, everyone).
Something looks off?