Robotics Software Engineer
About the role
Charge Robotics is developing the world’s first fully-automated factory for building solar farms.
As a Robotics Software Engineer at Charge Robotics, your work will directly deploy gigawatts of clean power generation.
If you’re interested in leveraging your software development skills to have massive climate impact, we want to talk to you.
What you’ll be working on:
- Architecting, developing, and maintaining high-quality code and documentation for our fleet of fully-automated factories
- Controlling industrial automation hardware including 6-axis robot arms, motor controllers, and hydraulic systems.
- Maximizing factory throughput by optimizing robot procedures, profiling performance, and adding support for new hardware.
- Are a strong Python developer
- Know how to write software as a member of a team, including writing clean code, documenting it, testing it, and using version control and CI.
- Have an advanced understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Have excellent written communication skills
- Can’t stand tedious work and will find a way to automate it
- Are based in or can relocate to the SF bay area
- Are excited to see your work deployed onto actual solar farms!
It’d also be nice if you:
- Have at least a 4-year degree in CS or similar
- Have basic web-dev skills (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Know how to instrument and develop highly performant code (networking, high-bandwidth sensor drivers, GPU programming)
- Gain satisfaction from personally playing a part in mitigating climate change
About Charge Robotics
Charge Robotics is a YC-backed startup building robots that build large-scale solar farms. Demand for new solar projects is booming (1/5th of all the solar that exists in the US was installed last year!), but today’s construction companies can’t keep up due to limited labor resources.
We thought this was insane, so we started working on robots to directly address this bottleneck and speed up the world’s transition to renewables.
We’re a small, fast moving company which means constant opportunity for learning and growth. You’ll have a large impact on the direction of our company and our product, which will be reflected in significant equity compensation. And you get to play with 🤖 giant robots 🤖.
If you are excited to work on interesting technical problems with direct climate impact, you’re going to fit right in.