Senior Mechanical/Mechatronics Engineer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, April 1, 2022
Chef Robotics’ goal is to transform food companies with intelligent food automation. By automating food production, we are solving the number one problem the food industry faces - a crushing labor shortage. Our robotic system is gaining fast traction with various customers and clients. We have signed multiple 8-figure multi-year contracts with various food companies and expect to expand our reach in the near future.
Our team consists of Senior and Staff engineers and leaders from various industries and companies, such as Cruise, Google, Tesla, Nuro, Neuralink, Meta, and more.
Chef is a private company funded by Kleiner Perkins, Construct, Bloomberg Beta, and Promus Ventures.
More about our goal: https://chefrobotics.ai/mission
More about our principles: https://chefrobotics.ai/principles
More about benefits: https://chefrobotics.ai/careers
Our ideal candidate has a strong mechanical engineering background specific to the robotics industry!
- Design and build various mechanical/mechatronics components for computer-controlled products (ex: cameras, video recorders), automated control systems (ex: waste processing, air and water quality systems), and self-monitoring systems (ex: gear systems).
- Work with multiple teams to create, analyze, and develop mechanical and industrial designs for the Chef System.
- Work in the Chef lab to design, prototype, test, and launch various mechanical and industrial components.
- Engage with vendors to identify, select, and source materials for mechatronic system designs.
- Design and build processes to test systems and conduct reliability testing; conduct studies to determine the feasibility, costs, or performance benefits of new mechatronic equipment.
- BS, MS or PhD in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years on-the-job work experience in mechanical design or robotics.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks CAD, CAM, solid modeling, surface modeling, and sheet metal.
- Proficiency with fabrication drawings, 2D drawings, and knowledge of GD&T.
- Accomplished the full product cycle - from conceptualization to design to release to redesign.
- Strong understanding of FEA, risk analysis, solid mechanics, heat, and stress transfer simulation.
You are (Optional)
- Experienced with early start-ups or the food and beverage industry.
- Experienced with PLCs, ubuntu, depth cameras.
- Familiar with the Robot Operating System (ROS), Python, Arduino, C++, or Electromechanical system design.
- Familiar with thermodynamics.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, age, pregnancy status, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status.
Multiple studies have found that a higher percentage of women and BIPOC candidates won't apply if they don't meet every listed qualification. Chef values candidates of all backgrounds. If you find yourself excited by our mission but you don't check every box in the description, we encourage you to apply anyway!