Chief Operating Officer ( COO )
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2023
Chef Robotics’ goal is to transform food companies with intelligent food automation. By automating food production, we are solving the number one problem the food industry faces - a crushing labor shortage. Our robotic system is gaining fast traction with various customers and clients. We have signed multiple 8-figure multi-year contracts with various food companies and expect to expand our reach in the near future.
Our team consists of Senior and Staff engineers and leaders from various industries and companies, such as Cruise, Google, Tesla, Nuro, Neuralink, Meta, and more.
Chef is a private company funded by Kleiner Perkins, Construct, Bloomberg Beta, and Promus Ventures.
More about our goal: https://chefrobotics.ai/mission
More about our principles: https://chefrobotics.ai/principles
More about benefits: https://chefrobotics.ai/careers
Chef Robotics is recruiting an experienced COO/CBO to work directly for the CEO and own the business and go-to-market aspects of the company, as well as provide leadership to the administrative functions (HR, Legal, Finance).
Chef’s goal is to bring autonomous robots to every commercial kitchen around the world. We are solving the number one problem the food industry faces--a crushing labor shortage--and we're catching extremely fast customer traction.
Our initial deals have our committed ARR over seven figures with an ability to scale rapidly in a multi-trillion-dollar market.
We’re also playing in an extremely constrained problem space—the kitchen—and in a substantially less regulated industry than autonomous vehicles.
We are a team of just under 30 right now and expect huge growth in 2023, right now we are focused on finding the most impactful and experienced leaders in: Strategic Operations, Software (Perception/Autonomy), Business Development, and Product Management (technical).
Most important requirements for our ideal fit:
• 100% in person in SF
• Has had multiple orgs reporting to them (including sales)!
• Has seen scale
• Ideally has been at a startup
• Product inclusive of hw + sw
• Has done something as a service (SaaS, RaaS, PaaS, IaaS, etc.)
- Partner with senior leadership to build, execute, and scale the strategic and GTM plan:
- Ensure the performance, strategy, and alignment of the company’s revenue-generating departments
- Recruit and manage the revenue-generating teams to drive business growth across all customer segments and share responsibility with the marketing department for improving strategy and customer experience
- Help maximize reach and efficiency by adding new, scalable partners in a strategic way
- Build and foster creative teams that are committed to our culture of innovation
- Monitor the revenue pipeline and leads, adjusting as necessary for sustainable growth
- Define the most suitable markets and market segmentation to prioritizeWorking closely with the CEO to define and execute the GTM strategy for the company
- Manage and coordinate all company’s activities that generate revenue
- Supervise existing sales channels and partnerships and add new ones
- Be responsible for all revenue generating elements within the organization
- Stay well connected with customers to ensure broad market needs are being incorporated into product development and enhancement cycles
- Refine and implement pricing strategy, contract terms, and other sales motion components
- Lead multiple departments, including legal, operations, finance, marketing, and human resources and identify and resolve issues across these functions
- Oversee budgets, staff, and executives for the go to market team and evaluating the success of the company
- Meet with the CEO and board members, and other executives to assess the company's direction
- Develop short and long-term goals, plans, and strategies, and ensure the company's compliance with the stated mission
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of the company's daily finances
- Update and revise plans to increase the company's profitability and progress
- 10+ years in diverse leadership roles, driving and implementing revenue growth
- Significant general management and P&L Experience
- Proven ability to craft and execute a business strategy
- Proven track record of growing revenue through sales and marketing
- Experience making decisions based on business metrics
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, age, pregnancy status, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status.
Multiple studies have found that a higher percentage of women and BIPOC candidates won't apply if they don't meet every listed qualification. Chef values candidates of all backgrounds. If you find yourself excited by our mission but you don't check every box in the description, we encourage you to apply anyway!
See more open positions at Chef Robotics
Something looks off?