San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, July 21, 2023
Chef Robotics’ goal is to transform food companies with intelligent food automation. By automating food production, we are solving the number one problem the food industry faces - a crushing labor shortage. Our robotic system is gaining fast traction with various customers and clients. We have signed multiple 8-figure multi-year contracts with various food companies and expect to expand our reach in the near future.
Our team consists of Senior and Staff engineers and leaders from various industries and companies, such as Cruise, Google, Tesla, Nuro, Neuralink, Meta, and more.
Chef is a private company funded by Kleiner Perkins, Construct, Bloomberg Beta, and Promus Ventures.
More about our goal: https://chefrobotics.ai/mission
More about our principles: https://chefrobotics.ai/principles
More about benefits: https://chefrobotics.ai/careers
Chef is looking for a talented Solutions Engineer to join our growing team!
***Must have access to a vehicle for local travel. Anticipated travel at least 50% of the time for deployments (often outside of California) ***
- Customize the Chef System based on customer specific requirements using Python and C++ or configure the System for customer specific feature configurations.
- Help project manage the customer deployment Internally – with Manufacturing, Engineering, and Ops — and externally with the Customer until successful Site Acceptance Test is done.
- Lead the in-field deployment of Chef Systems at customer sites through Site Acceptance Test.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Project Management to prioritize and collect customer feature requests and requirements
- Work with Sales and Business Development to help close a customer addressing customer feature requests, questions, technical risks, and overall get buy-in from a technology perspective.
- Once the system is deployed- help lead customer success for that stakeholder so that they have a wonderful experience and buy more robots.
- Must have access to a car and be able to drive to local customer sites (mileage will be reimbursed).
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Robotics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field.
- 2+ years' experience using some combination of Python, C++, and MATLAB.
- 1+ years' experience in a customer facing role.
- Prior experience in two or more of the following areas: machine learning, motion planning, robotics, computer vision, or control.
- Prior experience with at least one of the following areas: product engineering, applications engineering, solutions engineering, sales engineering, forward deployed engineering.
You Are (optional):
- Able to ship product quickly and efficiently.
- Able to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Open to frequent travel to customer locations.
- Familiar with Linux/Unix and or Robot Operating System (ROS).
- Experienced with early start-ups or the food and beverage industry.
- Proficient with the Spanish language.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, age, pregnancy status, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status.
Multiple studies have found that a higher percentage of women and BIPOC candidates won't apply if they don't meet every listed qualification. Chef values candidates of all backgrounds. If you find yourself excited by our mission but you don't check every box in the description, we encourage you to apply anyway!