Lead Manufacturing Assembly Technician
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
Chef Robotics is on a mission to accelerate the advent of intelligent machines in the physical world. As the rise of LLMs like ChatGPT has shown, AI has the potential to drive immense change. However, we believe AI’s biggest impact will be in the physical world, given industries like manufacturing, food, and transportation represent 90% of global GDP. We're starting with food, with a goal to put an intelligent robot in every commercial kitchen in the world. We have signed multiple multi-year contracts with various large food companies and we are growing fast. We're backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Construct, Bloomberg BETA and Promus Ventures. We have a great team, where you will be surrounded by talented engineers and tech leaders from companies like Cruise, Zoox, Google, Verb Surgical, Tesla, Nuro, Vicarious, Amazon Robotics, Strateos, Built Robotics, Facebook, Plenty, Yelp, and Microsoft.
We are seeking an experienced Assembly Technician who can assemble, test and troubleshoot complex mechanical and electrical systems. The successful candidate must have a strong attention to detail and the ability to work effectively in a team environment. They must also demonstrate proficiency in using hand tools, power tools, and measuring instruments.
- Assemble mechanical and electrical components to build complex systems according to engineering drawings and specifications.
- Test and troubleshoot systems to detect and solve problems.
- Maintaining up to date work instructions, travelers, a variety of reports, records and production documentation to reflect schedules, performance, methods and the like.
- Ensure the assembly team is adhering to work instructions and completing documentation such as travelers.
- Setting production schedules, material and manpower resources to meet output objectives.
- Assigning employees to maximize production objectives, maintain quality and attain output requirements.
- Identifying and resolving production and material problems to fix problems affecting schedules.
- Conduct visual inspections of components and completed systems to ensure quality standards are met.
- Maintain accurate records of production data, testing results, and other reports related to the assembly process.
- Collaborate with other team members such as engineering, quality control, and production to ensure efficient assembly processes.
- Make recommendations for improvements to the assembly process to increase efficiency and reduce production costs.
- Follow safety procedures and guidelines to ensure a safe work environment.
- Keep tools and work areas clean and organized.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in manufacturing or related field.
- Ability to deliver under tight deadlines with a focus on quality.
- Documenting tasks performed according to SOPs and documenting problems or failures in the product, process or equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret complex engineering drawings and specifications.
- Familiarity with safety procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds and stand for long periods of time.
- Basic computer skills.
- Experience with hand and power tools.
- A technical degree or certification in a related field is a plus.
- Experience with robotic systems is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, age, pregnancy status, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status.
Multiple studies have found that a higher percentage of women and BIPOC candidates won't apply if they don't meet every listed qualification. Chef values candidates of all backgrounds. If you find yourself excited by our mission but you don't check every box in the description, we encourage you to apply anyway!