Finance Accounting Associate
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Saturday, July 22, 2023
Clara is the leading spend management platform for companies in Latin America. Our end-to-end solution includes our locally-issued corporate cards, Bill Pay, financing solutions, and our highly-rated software platform used by thousands of the most successful companies across the region. Clara is backed by top global and regional investors such as Coatue, GGV, General Catalyst, DST Global, monashees, Kaszek, Canary, A*, BoxGroup, SV Angel, GFC, Picus Capital, Avid Ventures, ICONIQ Growth, Goldman Sachs, and prominent angel investors.
We’re creating the future of how company finances are run and helping our customers be more successful. We aspire to empower companies to operate with agility and financial clarity, ultimately increasing the economic competitiveness of Latin America. We’re looking for the best talent in the region (and beyond) to join us on this journey.
We are looking for a Strategic Finance Analyst who will:
- General accounting procedures and perform the monthly closing process.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations every month for different balance accounts.
- Prepare on a monthly basis the income and payroll reconciliation.
- Actively participate in the Profit Plan process for different areas in the corporate operation.
- Prepare Intercompany Transactions, Income / Invoicing Records and Control AR and AP accounts.
- Collaborate with the Internal Control Audit and Statutory Audits for the sites and activities under the scope.
- Other activities assigned by supervisor or special requirements from management or company.
Our requirements for this position are:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required.
- Advanced accounting/corporate finance acumen
- High English proficiency.
- Colombia tax knowledge required.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office (Excel/Word/Outlook) and accounting software.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze large data sets.
Additional Skills & Plus
- Must have at least 4 years of experience in a professional accounting firm.
- Excellent communication, time management, and organizational skills.
The way we do things is as important as what we do. That is why we operate on a set of carefully-identified values. They are what we expect from ourselves and each other in our day-to-day.
* Clarity - Open and direct communication
* Simplicity - Pare things down to the essential
* Ownership - We're all owners and act like it
* Pride - Make quality products we're proud of
* Always Be Changing (ABC) - Continuous self-improvement
* Inclusivity - Every voice counts; we value each other for our shared mission and contributions
* Shaping business finances in Latin America
* Driven by our 6 core values
* Proud of our inclusive and caring culture
* Certified as Top LinkedIn Startup
* Competitive salary & a robust stock ownership plan
* 100% flexible work model
* A set of benefits that are adaptable to your needs & way of life
* Opportunities for growth in a fast-paced environment
* A chance to shape B2B payments in Latin America and increase the region’s economic competitiveness