Coda started with an observation: In a world full of applications, why do documents and spreadsheets still run everything? And why haven't they been meaningfully updated in over 50 years? Coda is a new doc that's familiar and flexible like the documents you're used to, but comes with building blocks you can combine to create docs as powerful as apps. It's a big product with an even bigger mission. And we need your help to spread the word! We're backed by some of the Valley's leading venture capitalists, and have assembled a world-class team across offices in San Francisco, Mountain View, and Seattle, and remote employees all over the US. In fact, all our jobs are open in any location across the US. Here's a quick overview of what we do.
About the Role
Coda is looking for an experienced security engineer who is passionate about protecting customer data, designing & developing security features, setting company wide policies, driving our Secure Development Lifecycle initiatives, and helping make your fellow employees successful. If you are passionate about Security and excited to work on all parts of Security including building security features, finding security vulnerabilities and creating scalable processes, we'd love to hear from you!
In this role you will:
- Design, develop, and support security features
- Design and develop systems and processes to secure Coda infrastructure
- Drive Secure Development Lifecycle initiatives like establishing best-practice security policies across the company, threat model reviews & security-focused code reviews
- Manage our public bug bounty and third party pen-test programs
- Collaborate with cross-function teams to provide guidance on security
You may be a great fit for this role if:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a technical focused discipline such as computer science, engineering or math
- 5+ years experience in web application security
- Knowledge of web-based security protocols & frameworks
- Knowledge of network security, authentication, and cryptography
- Knowledge of AWS infrastructure with a particular focus on security (IAM, Role-based security, etc)
How we care for our Codans!
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Optional Remote or in-office work
- Commuter Benefits
- Cell & Internet Subsidy
- Lunch Subsidy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Parental Leave
- Annual Educational Stipend