Senior Software Engineer
As a early member of the Engineering team, you will be responsible for both design and execution of critical components of our system.
At Codified, we empower organizations to implement their data governance policies. Every organization that uses data has explicit or implicit data governance policies. Codified can take these policies as they are, in English, formalize them, and implement them across the data estate. Our customers can rest assured that their policy is what is implemented across their data assets, that it is implemented over time, and that they have full visibility.
This journey is just beginning! We are a seed-stage startup, and we are looking for doers who thrive with big problems, have great customer empathy, and love a fast-paced environment. We are located in downtown Seattle and are a hybrid team. Beyond contributing technically, you will have the opportunity to represent our technical strategy to customers, recruit new team members, and influence the norms and culture of our company as one of our first employees.
As a Software Engineer at Codified you will:
- Design and implement distributed systems components using Python.
- Design and implement well-crafted APIs.
- Design and implement integrations with databases, identity providers and more.
- Work with founders and leadership to build and maintain our technical roadmap.
- Design and implement infrastructure and DevOps systems that allow us to focus on what our customers need.
- Make trade-offs between technology, business needs, development speed, short-term needs, and long-term technical strategy.
- Help us form and nurture our company's culture.
- Work hard, have fun, and grow along with Codified.
This experience would be ideal:
- 5+ designing, implementing, and shipping large-scale, production-ready distributed systems.
- Experience designing or implementing languages and runtimes.
- Experience with authorization systems such as AWS IAM and Azure AD.
- Experience owning large components or entire products from inception through shipping.
- A track record for good design, architectural, engineering, and product decisions.
- Excellent communication skills.
We're seeking skilled and enthusiastic individuals from diverse backgrounds to join our team. Don't worry if your experience doesn't match all the criteria in the job description. If you love building and are committed to making quality products while sharing our company values and our mission, we'd like to hear from you.
What we offer:
- A dynamic and collaborative work environment.
- The opportunity to work with a visionary founder and a team of experts in the field.
- Competitive compensation and equity options.
- The chance to be part of a company on the cutting edge of data management and authorization technology.
- Industry-standard health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Commuter benefits.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and highly value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.