Senior Software Engineer
Curative is reimagining health insurance - with straightforward pricing and $0 out of pocket costs. Help us create a better healthcare experience for our members by making it easy & intuitive for them to access the care they need. We believe in a clear, simple health plan that allows our members to get zero-cost in-network care anytime they need it. We want to put healthcare back in the hands of patients and clinicians, with a focus on preventative care. Our full stack technology platform lets us see the bigger picture of our member’s health and connect them with programs and support that improve their health and quality of life.
Curative is seeking a product-minded, full-stack software engineer to work on our team that builds our scheduling system, legal agreements, and audit logging solutions. Our team is remote, and we’re dedicated to creating an ambitious and diverse organization to represent and support the patients we serve. You’ll be responsible for building external-facing software at Curative. Your code will be used by members across the country and our Care Team at Curative.
You’ll collaborate closely with our product, design, and Clinical and Health Plan teams. The product & design team will help you understand member behavior and needs to ensure we’re always working on the most high impact features.
It's important to us that everyone on our team be prepared to work with and be supportive of a variety of backgrounds, roles, and needs. Our organization is built on trust and mutual respect, we know that it's only together that we achieve truly great things.
- Build out our appointment scheduling and legal agreements workflow for our members.
- Commit code to both the backend and frontend.
- Own the design and implementation for smaller features and collaborate with more senior engineers on larger, more complex features.
- Bring a solid understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Work in compliance with established procedures, Agile/Scrum, PR code reviews, unit test development, CI/CD.
- Review and get feedback from other team members, product, design, and QA. Qualifications - Experience with API development (REST, GraphQL)
- Programming experience with Kotlin, Java, Python, or Ruby
- Experience with Agile and Scrum methodology
- Experience coding, unit testing, integrating, and deploying developed applications
- Understand user experience design and usability principles - Good communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Kotlin and frameworks such as Ktor and Micronaut is a plus
- Experience with Temporal workflow orchestration or message queueing solutions such as RabbitMQ or Kafka
- Experience with AWS application load balancer and Redis cache
- Experience with Docker images and containers
- Experience with AWS and Kubernetes
- Experience with Buildkite for CI/CD is a plus
Even if you don’t meet all of these requirements, still apply. Job offer is contingent upon completing a background check.