We are looking for an energetic Staff Accountant looking to obtain accelerated learning and experience in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
Our health insurance organization is seeking an entry level Staff Accountant. The successful applicant will work on financial reporting, bank reconciliations, cost allocations, reserves and accruals and other general accounting and reconciliation tasks. Several related tasks require data analysis, in-depth evaluation and exercising judgment within the appropriate scope of practice. We offer excellent benefits, generous paid time off and competitive pay. You must be a highly organized professional with a great eye for detail. You must be reliable, able to carry out tasks autonomously and be able to work collaboratively.
The main goal is to keep the general ledger accounting and financial processes of the company up to standard and ensure accurate financial reporting and control.
This is a full-time on-site role. You will report to the Accounting Director.
● Post payroll journal entries
● Reconcile payroll related Balance Sheet accounts, working closely with the payroll department to clear
● Reconcile bank accounts
● Reconcile Tax Payable and Property Tax accounts
● Review P&L for cause of change explanation or reclasses
● Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
● Prepare various general ledger reconciliation and record appropriate journal entries
● Assist with other areas of the monthly close, financial statements and reporting package
● Develop and document business processes, related accounting procedures and accounting policies to
maintain and strengthen internal controls
● Seek ways to improve the workflow and processes automating work and reports when possible
● Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
● Assist with internal management financial reporting
● Cross train and assist with other accounting functions on as needed or back up basis
● Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
● Special projects as required
● Perform additional assignments as needed
· Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, business administration or related field required (3.5 GPA or greater)
· Solid understanding of GAAP
· Prior experience with NetSuite ERP System is a plus
· Attention to detail
· Ability to and willingness to learn
· Efficient communication and ability to work in a team environment
· Proficient in MS Excel
· Authorized to work in the US