Medical Economics Director
As Medical Economics Director, you will be responsible for leading the analytical work to help our
network development team in creating a cost-effective and very competitive network. This role requires
competitive intelligence analysis, contract proposal analysis and medical cost performance analysis as
well as recommendations for improvement.
● Assess the competitive position of individual contracts and of Curative within a market.
Previous experience with transparency data (AKA Machine Readable Files) is desirable.
● Assist negotiators with contract analysis of various proposals. Make recommendations for
● Work with data teams to improve medical cost reporting and identify opportunities for medical
● Keep abreast of medical cost trends, both industry wide and company specific, and inform key
constituents of these trends.
● Assess capabilities of vendors and make recommendations on which vendor relationships to
maintain or pursue.
● Collaborate closely with internal constituents to establish reimbursement benchmarks,
parameters and methodologies which align with claim system capabilities.
● Performs other duties as assigned
● Should possess a bachelor’s degree.
● 5+ years of medical cost experience complex delivery systems and organizations required.
● Experience with Physician, Hospital and Ancillary group contracting and negotiation.
● Knowledge of complex reimbursement methodologies
● Intimate understanding and experience with larger, more complex integrated delivery systems
managed care, and provider business models
● Experience accurately assessing competitive positions of contracts and/or markets.
● Team player with proven ability to develop strong working relationships within a fast-paced
start up organization.
● The ability to influence both sales and provider audiences through strong written and verbal
communication skills. Experience with formal presentations
● Customer centric and interpersonal skills are required
● Superior problem solving, decision-making, negotiating skills, contract language and financial