Posted on Friday, September 15, 2023
Are you passionate about aerospace technology? Do you like working in a multicultural and creative environment? Then Destinus is the right place for you!We are an aerospace technology company with the vision of a world where distance does not exist. We are designing and building a fleet of near-space hypersonic vehicles and the associated infrastructures to support the world’s fastest transportation network. Our hypersonic aircraft define a new class of fast.The Destinus R&D team is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Project Manager to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and managing technical development projects for aerospace applications, including design, manufacturing and testing activities, from concept to completion. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in engineering, with experience in the aerospace industry, and a proven track record as both an aerospace engineer and project manager across the entire development and verification cycle; design, manufacturing, assembly, testing and integration of aerospace systems or components. TasksAs a Project Manager, you will work on multiple technical projects in close collaboration with the Project Team Lead to manage and lead a team of highly skilled engineers. As an expert in the development process, and with your experience as both an engineer and project manager, you will help guide the team to solve complex technical problems and achieve ambitious results. You will lead tasks but you will also be asked to take a hands on role and contribute to engineering technical tasks. Projects will vary from the design and development of Liquide hydrogen feed and propulsion systems to aircraft structural design, manufacturing and testing. Key Responsibilities:
- Support the Project Team Lead and Engineers as an expert in the engineering development process.
- Manage aerospace development projects, including design,manufacturing, testing, and integration activities, from concept to completion.
- Coordinate and lead technical design reviews, manufacturing, and testing activities.
- Structure and guide the engineering team through design decisions, and drive solutions to highly technical problems.
- Contribute relevant engineering input and take a proactive hands-on approach to helping solve engineering technical problems.
- Manage multiple technical projects simultaneously.
- Responsible for the day to day project execution as the primary point of contact for coordinating project activities.
- Ability to manage various stakeholders and multidisciplinary engineering activities while being accountable for the project progress towards important milestone and technical performance objectives while defending high level budget,schedule and resource considerations.
- Guide the team to take resourceful and pragmatic solutions based on engineering judgment.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant engineering experience in the aerospace industry covering the entire development cycle.
- Additionally, a minimum of 2-3 years of experience as Project Engineer, Project Manager or team lead.
- Strong knowledge and experience in technical project development cycles, design, manufacturing, verification,validation and integration.
- Strong technical skills, including experience in engineering analysis, design, and testing.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think creatively to solve complex technical challenges within a start-up environment; pragmatic, resourceful and engineering judgement.
- Knowledge of project/program planning and execution.
- Strong negotiation and leadership skills.
- Fluent in English as working language. German, French and Spanish will be added advantage.
- Experienced in assigning tasks effectively and following through to get results.
- Proficiency with CAD software, preferentially in Siemens tool suite: NX, PLM and Teamcenter.
- Capable of interpreting engineering DWGs, system P&IDs, engineering data, analysis results and reports.
- A good fundamental knowledge of manufacturing aerospace processes forging/casting/assembly/ CNC machining/turning/EDM/ECM, materials and tools.
- Experience with airbreathing engines, propulsion systems, high pressure systems and Hydrogen technology and cryogenics. (considered an asset.)
- You are resilient, open to change and manage stress positively
- Learning opportunities: Language courses
- Lineal organization and flexible working hours
- Company events and free lunch with the team once a week
- Competitive salary
- Health benefits
- Diversity: We value diversity in our company and our teams. We do not discriminate based on age, race, religion, colour, country of origin, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status
- This position can be either in Spain or Switzerland, we will take into account current location and preferences of our candidates.