Propellant Design Engineer
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2023
We are seeking a skilled and motivated propellant engine design Engineer to join our dynamic team. As a crucial member of our engineering department, you will be responsible for designing, developing and testing cutting-edge boosters and rocket motors that play a key role in the performance of highspeed aerial platforms. Your innovative ideas and technical expertise will contribute to the creation of state-of-the-art defense solutions.
- Design, develop and test advanced boosters and rocket engines and its related components for aerial platforms such as UAVs, guided missiles and precision munitions considering factors such as thermodynamics, thrust, propellant’s chemicals and ignition systems.
- Conduct thorough research on emerging technologies, materials, and manufacturing processes to identify opportunities for improving system performance, efficiency, safety and reliability.
- Create engineering plans, specifications, prototypes and manufacturing processes for products under design and development.
- Perform rigorous testing and evaluation of prototypes to validate designs and ensure compliance with operational performances and safety standards.
- Analyze and interpret test data, identifying areas for optimization and improvement of boosters and rocket engines.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including mechanical, electrical, software, and systems engineers, to ensure seamless integration and functionality of rocket engines into the vehicle.
- Participate in design reviews, technical discussions, and provide expertise in the evaluation of potential design modifications or enhancements.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, regulatory requirements, and advancements in military technology, applying this knowledge to the development of new systems.
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in aerospace engineering, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering or a related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Proven experience (4-8 years) in the design and development of boosters or rocket motors and their components, with understanding of solid/liquid-propellants, combustion chambers, cooling systems and nozzle technologies.
- Proficiency in engineering design and simulation software tools (such as CAD tools) used in components development. Siemens NX and TeamCenter are a plus.
- Proven understanding of aerodynamics, propellant systems, ignition systems, payloads, and material science relevant to rocket propelled vehicles.
- Knowledge of safety standards, environmental regulatory compliance, and ethical considerations associated with military technology development.
- Good problem-solving skills and the ability to work creatively in a fast-paced and complex engineering environment.
- Strong communication and presentation skills to comprehensively divulge technical information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Cross functional working ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external teams.
- English will be your working language. Other languages will be highly valuated.
- Madrid area will be your work location.
- Security clearance may be required depending on the nature of the projects.