Fuze Design Engineer
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
We are seeking a skilled and motivated fuze design Engineer to join our dynamic team. As a crucial member of our engineering department, you will be responsible for designing, developing, integrating and testing cutting-edge fuzing systems for military applications. Your innovative ideas and technical expertise will be essential in ensuring the safe, reliable and effective functioning of explosives devices in various defense applications.
- Design, develop, analyze and test fuzing components considering safety, efficacy, performance and reliability factors.
- Conduct feasibility studies to determine the suitability of proposed fuzing solutions for specific military applications.
- Perform simulations and modelling to assess the behavior of fuzing systems under different conditions.
- Review or create engineering plans, specifications and prototypes for products under design and development.
- Work on the integration of fuzing systems with the overall weapon or munition system.
- Perform rigorous testing and evaluation of prototypes to validate designs and ensure compliance with operational performances and reliability standards.
- Analyze and interpret test data, identifying areas for optimization and improvement of boosters and rocket engines.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including payload, manufacturing and systems engineers, to ensure seamless integration and functionality of fuze components.
- Participate in design reviews, technical discussions, and provide expertise in the evaluation of potential design modifications or enhancements.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, regulatory requirements, and advancements in military technology, applying this knowledge to the development of new systems.
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, chemical engineering a related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Proven experience (4-8 years) in the design and development of pyrotechnics, boosters or safety and arming devices, with strong understanding of electronics, microcontrollers, sensors, detonators and safety protocols.
- Proficiency in engineering design and simulation software tools (such as CAD, MATLAB, ANSYS or SolidWorks tools) used in fuzing components development.
- Knowledge of safety standards, environmental regulatory compliance, and ethical considerations associated with military technology development.
- Good problem-solving skills and the ability to work creatively in a fast-paced and complex engineering environment.
- Strong communication and presentation skills to comprehensively divulge technical information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Cross functional working ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external teams.
- English will be your working language. Other languages will be highly valuated.
- Madrid area will be your work location.
- Security clearance may be required depending on the nature of the projects.