Ongoing Nocturnist Locum Opportunity
We are seeking an Internal Medicine Physician to join the University of Maryland Medical Center's (Midtown Campus) team for an ongoing locums opportunity!!
Shift Schedule: 7 days on, 7 days off
Shifts Times: 7pm-7am
(Willing to work with providers who can only work a couple days per week)
BC/BE in Internal Medicine
Active unrestricted Maryland license
Duties and Responsibilities: Personal-Team-Organization
• Reviews patient file/record, including allergies, problems, medications and immunization status.
• Elicits and records information about patient’s medical history.
• Examines patients for symptoms or physical information.
• Orders or executes various tests, analyses and diagnostic images to provide information on patient’s condition.
• Analyzes reports and findings of tests and examination and diagnoses condition of patient.
• Administers or prescribes treatments.
• Determines and prescribes medication, dosage and schedule given the patient’s condition and allergies.
• Discusses any possible side effects to medication or immunization with patient.
• Prescribes vaccinations to immunize patient from communicable diseases.
• Promotes health by advising patients about diet, hygiene and methods for prevention of disease.
• Performs surgical procedures commensurate with surgical competency.
• Refers patients to medical specialist for consultant services when necessary for patient’s well-being.
• Documents the patient’s visit including medical history, physical exam, diagnoses and plan of action.
• Follows up with patient regarding progress in high risk or emergency cases.
• conducts physical examinations to provide information needed for admission to school, consideration for jobs, or eligibility for insurance coverage.
• Administer Family Planning services in compliance with title X Rules and Regulations/Protocols.
• Reviews and audits health charts of patients who receive Family Planning services.
• Commitment to mission of St. John’s with clinic involvement and engaging in healthcare community events
• Provider goals: sees minimum of twenty-five patients per day subject to clinic goals
• Providers schedule: works twenty-six Saturday’s per year to provide coverage and subject to clinic goals and some evenings
Provider Competencies – Specificity • Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data.
• Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
• Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses.
• Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance.
• Oral Communication – Responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
• Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively.
• Ethics – Treats people with respect; upholds organizational values.
• Qualifications – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Provides comprehensive medical services for adult members of family. Services include: primary care and treatment, Preventative care, Immunizations, health education, prescribing of medications, ordering or interpreting lab testing, physical examinations, STD screenings, Vision/hearing, family planning, and nutrition.