Hospitalists Needed at the University of Maryland Medical Center
We are seeking an Internal Medicine Physician to join the University of Maryland Medical Center's (Midtown Campus) team for an ongoing locums opportunity!!
Shift Schedule: 7 days on, 7 days off
Shifs Times: 7am-7pm
- BC/BE in Internal Medicine
- Active unrestricted Maryland license
Duties and Responsibilities: Personal-Team-Organization
• Reviews patient file/record, including allergies, problems, medications and immunization status.
• Elicits and records information about patient’s medical history.
• Examines patients for symptoms or physical information.
• Orders or executes various tests, analyses and diagnostic images to provide information on patient’s condition.
• Analyzes reports and findings of tests and examination and diagnoses condition of patient.
• Administers or prescribes treatments.
• Determines and prescribes medication, dosage and schedule given the patient’s condition and allergies.
• Discusses any possible side effects to medication or immunization with patient.
• Prescribes vaccinations to immunize patient from communicable diseases.
• Promotes health by advising patients about diet, hygiene and methods for prevention of disease.
• Performs surgical procedures commensurate with surgical competency.
• Refers patients to medical specialist for consultant services when necessary for patient’s well-being.
• Documents the patient’s visit including medical history, physical exam, diagnoses and plan of action.
• Follows up with patient regarding progress in high risk or emergency cases.
• conducts physical examinations to provide information needed for admission to school, consideration for jobs, or eligibility for insurance coverage.
• Administer Family Planning services in compliance with title X Rules and Regulations/Protocols.
• Reviews and audits health charts of patients who receive Family Planning services.
• Commitment to mission of St. John’s with clinic involvement and engaging in healthcare community events
• Provider goals: sees minimum of twenty-five patients per day subject to clinic goals
• Providers schedule: works twenty-six Saturday’s per year to provide coverage and subject to clinic goals and some evenings
Provider Competencies – Specificity • Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data.
• Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
• Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses.
• Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance.
• Oral Communication – Responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
• Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively.
• Ethics – Treats people with respect; upholds organizational values.
• Qualifications – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Provides comprehensive medical services for adult members of family. Services include: primary care and treatment, Preventative care, Immunizations, health education, prescribing of medications, ordering or interpreting lab testing, physical examinations, STD screenings, Vision/hearing, family planning, and nutrition.