High Paying | LCSW for Hospital | Brooklyn, NY
In the Department of Psychiatry, the Psychiatric Social Worker serves as a primary therapist in a variety of settings both inpatient and in ambulatory care. The Psychiatric Social Worker generally works as a primary therapist with an assigned caseload of patients.
• Must have discharge experience with patients in hospital setting.
• Provides initial psychosocial history as part of the diagnostic assessment for the patient as a member of the multi-disciplinary team.
• Participates in the formulation of the Clinical Summary and comprehensive treatment plan for the assigned caseload of patients.
• Provides individualized treatment services for the case load of patients which may include case management, patient education, individual and group therapy and family support and counseling.
• Provides groups for the patients of the unit as assigned by the treatment team.
• Provides family support and education as allowed by the patient.
• Provides documentation of services to the client in the medical record in a timely fashion.
• Participates in the treatment team discussions to coordinate the treatment needs of the various patients in the unit and to improve the therapeutic services of the unit/program.
• May have unsupervised contact with patients in the course of performing this job. • Performs other duties as required.
• Minimum of two (2) year clinical experience in outpatient or inpatient social work
• New York State Social Worker License (LMSW/LCSW) required.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Pay: $40.00 - $45.00 per hour