Virtual Physician | Telemedicine | United States
Founded by the founder of One Medical, we provide a 24/7 virtual health platform, utilizing asynchronous text-based chat for delivery of high-quality, comprehensive primary care.
This scaling startup is building the future of healthcare—today. Using innovative mobile technology and human-centered design, we’re looking to improve the quality and affordability of medical care for all—including those with Medicare and Medicaid. Our organization is founded by a successful entrepreneur (One Medical, Epocrates), led by a top-notch team, and well-funded from some of the best investors in the country. We seek curious, talented, team-oriented individuals with a diverse set of backgrounds who ultimately want to make a difference.
What You’ll Do
- Primary Care providers collaborate with fellow care team members to deliver exceptional, thoughtful care to our patients. Specifically, you will:
- Provide exceptional, personalized care to cohorts of medically complex, underserved Medicare/Medicaid patients
- Drive ongoing iteration of our clinical model, with a focus on improving outcomes while decreasing wasteful costs
- Partner with internal clinical specialists around conditions that have the greatest impact on our patient population—particularly behavioral health
- Utilize and inform the development of new digital tools for patient communication, team collaboration, and clinical decision support
Who You Are
We’re looking for internist or family medicine physician with the following:
- Broad clinical experience caring for patients with complex chronic illness; skill at navigating behavior change in the face of mental illness and social needs
- A collaborative, empathetic approach to leading care teams that fosters effective and efficient interventions, as well as inspires care team members to achieve ambitious goals and further their own development
- Strong “builder” mindset, with the ability to continuously assess how our care model can improve as it scales
- An ability to understand and prioritize patients’ core needs and translate them into well-designed, actionable care plans
- For the safety of our patients and staff, employees in this role must be fully vaccinated, including a booster, with an FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccination.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Clinical work is provided in 4 hour shifts (across the 24 hours) and all clinicians are asked to work 2 weekend 4 hour shifts per month.
- For those interested in full-time work (benefits eligible!), our virtual clinicians meet a minimum of 24+ hours of patient care per week.
- We are looking for a progressive Physician (MD/DO) to round out our team.
- Leveraging data, technology and operational rigor to optimize outcomes while offering highly-personalized care is a few of the things that we pride ourselves in.
- As part of our clinical team, you’ll provide affordable, comprehensive and relationship-based care to our patients throughout the U.S. while giving yourself the time to pursue other endeavors.